Real Madrid post match post mortem

Transitioning from Gundogan and Mahrez has been more difficult than we expected tbh.
That's because the recruitment was poor. I still can't get my head around those who thought Kovacic was somehow going to turn into some sort of goalscoring machine to replace Gundogan.

We lost a lot of influence going forward and brought in the likes of Nunes and Kovacic who had 5 goal contributions between them last season

Now feeling more rational.
Thoughts now are
1. We didn't get beat
2. We were the better team
3. This team is running out of steam fast
4. Some of this squad are playing their last games for us.
5. There's a bloody big elephant in the room.

Finally please please no more of that shit show beforehand , wtf black flags , bin bags and captain pugwash floating flag Jesus!

Whats the elephant in the room - Haaland?

We haven't been able to see off a good team all season. It's a regular occurrence at this point.
Are you sure about this or are you just venting, I’m not sure your being serious when you say “it’s a regular occurrence at this point” especially after last season.

Thought we were really poor first half, but we showed spirit and desire second half onwards to fight for it. However this game is just a visual for our season as a whole up to now really, battering teams (Chelsea x2, Liverpool x2, Spurs, Arsenal at home) but missing something in the final 3rd and struggling with turnovers. If anything, hopefully it tells Pep the jobs not done, there is another mini-rebuild needed and its just whether he has the hunger and desire to do it again. We have a relatively young squad, but we missed some key signings in the summer and it has affected us.

Not that fussed - would have been amazing to win back to back trebles but a very tall order and the fact i dislike Wembley so much softens the blow.

I think we need to move on - De Bruyne - he is playing from memory, Bernado, Upgrade on Dias and also move Walker on. It must be hard to work with Peps intensity for so long and we are over due a squad refresh of scale.

Now feeling more rational.
Thoughts now are
1. We didn't get beat
2. We were the better team
3. This team is running out of steam fast
4. Some of this squad are playing their last games for us.
5. There's a bloody big elephant in the room.

Finally please please no more of that shit show beforehand , wtf black flags , bin bags and captain pugwash floating flag Jesus!
I’d say numbers 1 and 2 are rational, 3,4 and 5 are irrational.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this and I'm not making excuses for Bernardo because his penalty was poor. But it didn't help him that someone in the crowd held onto the ball after Modric kicked it into the stand following his miss. Gave him too much time to think.
Somebody did the same thing in normal time, held onto the ball until play restarted and then threw it onto the pitch causing the game to be stopped. Why would anyone do this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.