Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed one of Mourinho's dogs at the Stoke game. Btw, when the team will departure to Madrid? Monday?
Tuesday can't come quick enough :) Should be a good game!

robbieh said:
RandomJ said:
I have a horrible feeling that cos he played Clichy today we're going to see Kolarov against Madrid.

Don't think so. Kolarov played two big games for Serbia, that is why he was rested today.

If we were playing Barca defence would be the order of the day. You can't try and outplay them. But Madrid could be different.

Yaya Silva Tevez and Kun

vs

Ozil Ronaldo Benzema and Modric

And I'd rather have our 4 :)

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta___Kompany__Lescott___Clichy
_______________Tévez______________

Bench:

Pantilimon,
Maicon, Kolarov,
Rodwell, Milner,
Agüero, Džeko.

Asuming Kuns not 100% ready...

Be interesting to see how Mancini shapes us up on Tuesday. Here's a few variations I think he could go with.

.......PZ....VK....JL.....

JM..JG......YT.........AK

.............DS................

..........CT.....ED............

PZ.....VK....JL.....AK

........GB....JG..........

JM.....................DS...

...CT.....MB

M.....VK....JL.....AK

........GB....JG........

JM........YT.......DS

...........CT...............

I can't see there being much deviation from one of those three shapes. The big decisions are going to be who plays alongside Carlos and who comes in as the third centre half if he wants to go with three at the back.

keemcfc said:
_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta___Kompany__Lescott___Clichy
_______________Tévez______________

Bench:

Pantilimon,
Maicon, Kolarov,
Rodwell, Milner,
Agüero, Džeko.

Asuming Kuns not 100% ready...

This is how I think we will start out, Sergio won't start straight away as he had not played for a month, a sub yes.

This is a big game but we have to keep an eye on Arsenal at home next weekend, Mancini will play for a draw in Madrid in my opinion

BillyShears said:
Be interesting to see how Mancini shapes us up on Tuesday. Here's a few variations I think he could go with.

PZ.....VK....JL.....AK

...CT.....MB

M.....VK....JL.....AK

........GB....JG........

JM........YT.......DS

I can't see there being much deviation from one of those three shapes. The big decisions are going to be who plays alongside Carlos and who comes in as the third centre half if he wants to go with three at the back.

You seem to think Milner will play. Not a bad call as he's very industrious.

And you reckon Kolarov over Clichy.

ps Your second team has no yaya!! WTF.

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:

PZ.....VK....JL.....AK

...CT.....MB

M.....VK....JL.....AK

........GB....JG........

JM........YT.......DS

You seem to think Milner will play. Not a bad call as he's very industrious.

And you reckon Kolarov over Clichy.

ps Your second team has no yaya!! WTF.

Haha, yeah it was more about the different shapes. The teams you can mix and match. I see Milner playing because he'll work his bollocks off. Whether it's Maxwell or Coentrao on the left behind Ronaldo, they'll get forward a lot. We'll have a problem if we stick Nasri or Sinclair out there so Milner is the obvious choice for me.

Aguero isnt ready to play a big part I think and Mancini knows it which is why he rested Dzeko today with a view to start in Madrid in my opinion<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 pm --<br /><br />Sevilla 1-0 Madrid after 20 minutes haha

I think our defense looked pretty shaky today so maybe its time to go back to the 5-3-2 formation against Real Madrid.. What do you guys think?

Zab Maicon Kompany Kolorov Clichy
Silva Toure Nasri
Tevez Dzeko

Hiii guys,

Madrid fan here...!!! Hpe its okk for me 2 join u guys!!!!

Ds is how madrid usually shape up - mou preferred formation 4-2-3-1 (mou has only lost once against barca wid ds formation):

..........IKER..............

Arbeloa...Ramos....Pepe....Marcelo/Coentrao

........Khedira/Modric.....Alonso.........

...............Ozil/Modric...................

Dimaria/Ozil..................Ronaldo

.........Higuain/Benzema.........

Since Modric's arrival Mou has shown a slight preference towards him, so chances are he might start. But it could also mean Ozil might take Dimaria's place on the right.

Few points on the style of Madrid play and their players :-

- Plays direct football and are very physical - but more than capable of playing it indirect. Very good at exploiting spaces and finding the open man.
- Probably the best counter attacking team in football - really needs to watch out for this - everyone in the back-line and alonso/modric are good passers and are usually pretty quick at moving the ball forward and finding the open wingers (ronaldo and di maria) or proving a long ball to the front line.
- Ronaldo may be the star man in the team but like barca's midfield wonders real madrid too have their our midfield orchestrators in alonso/ozil/modric - essential that city don't allow alonso/khedira to control the tempo.
- Madrid aren't that good at defending set-pieces. City have the players to exploit this - also other counter-attacking teams have had success against madrid.
- Among the wing backs watch out for coentrao/marcelo - both are excellent attackers - good at cutting inside the box and also at crossing - though marcelo isn't that gud a defender. Arbeloa on the right is a decent attacking threat (more into crossing and occasionally cuts inside), but he is a gud defender.
- Higuain/Benzema - Higuain certainly the better of the two in my opinion - he s best suited to the counter attacking style that madrid plays - man marking him is essential - had a goal conversion rate better than messi and ronaldo last season - excellent poacher...!!!
- Lastly, Ronaldo and Di Maria - Essential that City double team them esp ronaldo if he cuts inside since the guy possess the most lethal shot in the game - doesn't matter for him if its 30-40yards out, he still can score.

This is my viewpoint on the way Madrid play. I think both sides are capable of inflicting some serious damage to each other - This certainly is going to be a cracking contest and just can't wait for it to begin.

Wants to hear your opinions too...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.