Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Rammy Blue said:
I thought one of the biggest faults lies with Garcia and Barry tonight, both were poor and didn't do their jobs correctly.

Garcia for me just didn't do enough, he seemed to be in no man's land when Madrid had the ball, neither defending or putting in a tackle in the middle.

RandomJ said:
I'm still fucking livid here. I can accept us being completely outplayed and losing what I can't accept is being in a winning position TWICE and throwing it away minutes later. The defence needs sorting out and soon or we will be getting fuck all out of this season.

You are automatically in my club of 3 people I currently like in this thread.

People don't get on here that its the performance that counts not the result. Had this game ended 7-2 to Madrid which it could have easily done EVERYONE would be going crazy but because we got some luck and it was only 3-2 its a 'brave performance'.

We played shit, from start to finish!

i know i'm going to get shot down in flames but i think kompany so far this season as not been upto to his high standards he's set himself.not sure why we started with Maicon thought Zab would have been a better bet,but think we mustb take heart from the last 20 mins when we actually had a go at them

Damocles said:
urban genie said:
listening to some I think some were rather we were back playing in Rotherham or Wrexham, we have just been 3 mins from beating the second best team in europe at their place, and we lost the game in the end with defensive balls ups. I am proud of the lads today we will qualify

Exactly, people are trying to explain the unexplainable.

Unlike the past, we didn't lose because we were terrible. We lost because we were playing some oft he best 11 players in the world. No blame needs to go anywhere, individual brilliance garnered the goals. This is a foreign concept to City fans but one we must get used to. We can't win every game.

I thinks its because we could have played better. We were woefull in possesion sometimes and we are all used to a City that are comfortable with the ball now. Either way I'm proud, we pushed an 'elite' club at their place until the end.

Damocles said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Damocles said:
New fans mate.

"We'll see things they'll never see".

You know what, people like you are worse than new fans! You stick your fingers in your ears and say, ohhh ive supported city since the 80's, look at how good we are now we cant possibly ever criticise the team ever again!!!!

Do you really never criticise this team purely because the likes of Toure, Kompany and Tevez are better than Terry Cook, Ian Brightwell and Lee Bradbury were??

I get slated for constantly criticising if you would pay attention. My point here is based around the fact that we were playing the biggest club in the world, away from home, and people are throwing their toys out that we didn't manage to hang on. You guys would have committed suicide against Stockport.

no we wouldn't, we're still here, that was dissappointing but that was Division 1, nothing like the expectation you have of both the club, manager and team that you do now, particularly of your captain and star like Vinnie who makes a terrible mistake in the dying seconds.

The two eras are not comparable in anyway.

Kompany is King said:
i♥city! said:
I think Mourinho outclassed bobby today . In the final minutes of the game Mou "copied" bobby's formation but he did it at the right time . Bobby started Silva and Nasri , Mou kept Ozil and Modric on the bench (RM's equivalent of Silva and Nasri) , Bobby pulled Silva and Nasri out , Mou sent Ozil and Modric in . I hate to say it but Mou is a little more tactical than bobby

Didn't Nasri go off injured?

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that bobby made a tactical blunder . We were down to ONE creative player and yet he took him out . He shouldn't have taken Silva out or better still he shouldn't have started Silva . We should have played a very tight compact game and then play an open game later on . Also after going 2 -1 up why didn't he order the players back and then throw in someone like Rodwell or Milner to choke up the midfield or Lescott to make it a 5 man defense ?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
PistonBlue said:
Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

New fans mate.

"We'll see things they'll never see".

New fans? the cheek. If your deluded eyes can't accept that Vinnie should have stuck his head on the ball and that there was no "individual brilliance" about it then it says a lot more about you than it does me.

Ronaldo is a) not the best in the world and b) it wasn't even his best effort in the game and should have been stopped, nothing to calm down about, you're just being patronising as your misguided interpretation of the game has been disagreed with.

Yep why Kompany ducked there I have no idea stand up straight head the fucker Hart had no chance

Kompany is King said:
Rammy Blue said:
I thought one of the biggest faults lies with Garcia and Barry tonight, both were poor and didn't do their jobs correctly.

Garcia is new.

Barry played 90 minutes, gave his all. Only player 30 minutes previously this season.

Give the guys a break.

It's not a case of giving the guys a break, I'm just pointing out a basic fact.

Garcia's job is to get across and help the full back cover Ronaldo, he got sucked across to the far side too often. Barry is just too slow for this class of football.

Why can't some people accept that we got beat off the biggest team in the world. Away. In the last minute. It's hardly a disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.