Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

I think we should thank our lucky stars spurs or arsenal didn't come and pinch dzeko off us. He would guarantee them 20-25 goals a season with the width they play with. It's so frustrating to see him struggle to find a permanent spot on the team. Great, great player with a brilliant attitude.

EaglesFan said:
Nocty just one question - how old are you?

Calling people names etc. etc. when it is pretty obvious your football knowledge is at 2nd grade level...I think you should have picked it up by now - board members really dont want you here...

Do the right thing and just stop smothering people with your biased opinion.

how old am i?
eagels fan?
r u f kidding me?

i got past the whole wwf stage

i have a baby boy,hopefully he l play footy ,but music is fine too...

anyways mr mancini i love you but please put your best team out

this is jay kej telling you
9time premier league winner with arsenal in a row!

2 time cl ....

City Subs:
30 Pantilimon
05 Zabaleta
06 Lescott
13 Kolarov
17 Rodwell
10 Dzeko
16 Aguero

Real Madrid Subs:
13 Adan
04 Ramos
05 Coentrao
08 Kaka
10 Ozil
19 Modric
09 Benzema
Compare our plan B to Real Madrid's, we had no game changer to come on to spark any creativity in the midfield at all. We can just put more strikers on when behind, and that's it really for our plan B, and I'm sure Dzeko can not come on to score an important goal like that forever as well.

There's not much quality midfield depth in our squad imo, this problem should be considered more seriously in our next transfer/squad building strategy if our target is to be a big boy in Europe as soon as our management hopes.

Bit late, but here's my synopsis:
1st 20 Madrid dominated due to combination of us getting into the game, our tactics and poor passing/possession. Were lucky to stay level, but that to be fair is why we employ a top keeper.
Our tactics of frustrating them though began to pay off as later into the half, their shots were coming in from further and further away.

Second half it was immediately obvious that Madrid were giving us more respect as we had a lot more space and time for the off. We took it to them and threw away the chance of 3 or 1 points with some defensive mistakes.

While disappointed and proud, I am not however despondent for the following reasons:

Bear in mind, this was Madrid away - we took on one of the best sides in the world and pretty much matched them in a sizzling encounter that could have ended up either way. Both Madrid and the rest of the watching world would honestly recognise this come the end. Want proof?

Mourinho's celebration was not one of a manager angry at his team's failure to easily see off a game he expected to win; it was an outpouring of relief at beating a serious challenger. In the post match interview he referred to it being a great victory over a great opponent, but it was his demeanour that gave it away; not the usual cool, charismatic smugness, but more the hastily assembled staccato observations of a man who up until the two late goals had been staring at a home defeat to a well-executed European sucker punch strategy.

This was, like the rag FA Cup game last year, the game that showed the world WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE SERIOUS CHALLENGERS. And the great thing is, that despite losing, the world is now getting an appetite for the rollercoaster drama that watching City brings.

nocty said:
EaglesFan said:

Calling people names etc. etc. when it is pretty obvious your football knowledge is at 2nd grade level...I think you should have picked it up by now - board members really dont want you here...

how old am i?
eagels fan?
r u f kidding me?

2 time cl ....

I'm not sure your experiences on Football Manager make you qualified to lecture a professional football manager on his "mistakes".

nocty said:
EaglesFan said:

how old am i?
eagels fan?
r u f kidding me?

2 time cl ....

Fuck text speak!

nocty said:
EaglesFan said:

how old am i?
eagels fan?
r u f kidding me?

2 time cl ....

Would somebody care to translate this please?

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
Bit late, but here's my synopsis:
1st 20 Madrid dominated due to combination of us getting into the game, our tactics and poor passing/possession. Were lucky to stay level, but that to be fair is why we employ a top keeper.
Our tactics of frustrating them though began to pay off as later into the half, their shots were coming in from further and further away.

Second half it was immediately obvious that Madrid were giving us more respect as we had a lot more space and time for the off. We took it to them and threw away the chance of 3 or 1 points with some defensive mistakes.

While disappointed and proud, I am not however despondent for the following reasons:

Bear in mind, this was Madrid away - we took on one of the best sides in the world and pretty much matched them in a sizzling encounter that could have ended up either way. Both Madrid and the rest of the watching world would honestly recognise this come the end. Want proof?

Mourinho's celebration was not one of a manager angry at his team's failure to easily see off a game he expected to win; it was an outpouring of relief at beating a serious challenger. In the post match interview he referred to it being a great victory over a great opponent, but it was his demeanour that gave it away; not the usual cool, charismatic smugness, but more the hastily assembled staccato observations of a man who up until the two late goals had been staring at a home defeat to a well-executed European sucker punch strategy.

This was, like the rag FA Cup game last year, the game that showed the world WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE SERIOUS CHALLENGERS. And the great thing is, that despite losing, the world is now getting an appetite for the rollercoaster drama that watching City brings.
Great post .
You should do more of of it.

I'm still buzzing from that game and I watched it in the pub.

Would be interested in the opinions of any body who was there ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.