Real 'make Aguero top target'

Andouble

Duncan Castles: Aguero unsettled

when it rains...

Last summer Manchester City attempted to solve the ugly problem of Carlos Tevez and Kia Joorabchian with some pre-emptive investment.

Topic Manchester City Carlos Tevez English Premier League (EPL)
If Tevez did not want to honour his contract, they would find someone who actually wanted to be part of a club aiming at the stratosphere.

Sergio Aguero appeared a wonderfully elegant solution. He shared Tevez's compact, muscular physique, an ability to sprint, spin and seduce a way through defences, yet was four years younger and looked after himself better.

"Kun" Aguero slipped into City's beguilingly technical style of play, scoring so often last season's captain was relegated to political sideshow.

One Argentina international substituted for another as City made an important point of not letting Tevez leave on the cheap.

There was just one problem: Aguero turned out to have more in common with his compatriot than they had wished for.

Aguero's family have not taken to the north west of England. They have not enjoyed the weather, they have struggled with the language. Worse still a club from their old hometown have been dangling an invite in front of their faces.

Real Madrid admired Aguero when he was leading Atletico Madrid's line but resolved to avoid the agonies of attempting a cross-city transfer. The very idea that Florentino Perez, the Real president, might be his next employer helped Aguero lever his way out of a club the striker felt he had outgrown.

Now, though, Real see an opportunity. They know Aguero is struggling with his new life, and they have a discontented forward of their own in Gonzalo Higuain who they believe may appeal to City. Critically, Aguero has intimated that he will facilitate any bid.

For the purposes of public record, the 23 year old says reports of his unhappiness at City and interest in Real do not come from him, that he wants to win this season's Premier League and "stay here for a long time after that".

Tellingly, Real are not discouraged.

Then there is Aguero's father-in-law's thoughts on the matter. "Kun has to play for Real Madrid," says Diego Maradona, the Al Wasl coach, who knows a bit about big-money transfers.

"Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake," Maradona said.

"Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However if Madrid want someone, they get them. Florentino has no limits. It's a question of convincing City - but not with money because they have plenty of that."

Re: Duncan Castles: Aguero unsettled

Oh FFS, better not be true, he is the only one we can rely on and is leagues ahead of Balotelli and Dzeko.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shite journalism.

Aguero says he's happy. They say he is lying.

What can he possibly do or say to make his position clearer if he wants to stay?

Isn't Duncan Castles well connected?

Oh dear. Surely questions have got to be asked of the management if this is true?

BOLLOCKS. NON-STORY.

Aguero's interview just last week:
Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:26AM
Posted by David Clayton

Sergio Aguero has thanked the City fans for making him feel at home from his first day in England - and promised the Blues will battle until the end for the title.

The Argentine striker, who collected his Etihad Player of the Month for March, has already bagged 24 goals this season and says he feels Manchester is his home after a stunning first season with the Blues.

He has promised there is plenty more to come, too, with the title still very much in reach.

“I was able to adapt quickly to the team and to the Premier League,” he said. “That was all due to my team-mates, the club and especially the fans.

“We have had a great season but there is so much more to come from this team. I’ve been told we’ve broken historic records and that’s already an achievement. I’ve also learnt it’s important to respect our progress an on-going process.

“As for moving to England, my family and I feel we’ve adapted really well to living in Manchester and we haven’t been here for too long, either.

“The staff of the club and my team-mates have been very supportive, especially Pablo Zabaleta who has been here for quite a while. Everyone has made us feel like home. We still would like to know the city better and maybe visit the outskirts more, but we don’t have too much free time in our hands.

Aguero believes he can cap an incredible year with a Premier League winner’s medal, too – and then wants to add many more in years to come.

“Why wait until next season if we can win it now?” he said.

“I can promise you that we’ll be fighting until the very end. We all want to make it and though it won’t be easy, we believe we can win the Premier League this season.

“Winning titles is about never giving up and we will never give up. I want to win it this season and then many more with City after that.”

hope this isnt true , even so maradonna can piss off, Sergio is a magnificent player but he will still be about 2nd or 3rd choice at Madrid.

Forzacitizens said:
Isn't Duncan Castles well connected?

Oh dear. Surely questions have got to be asked of the management if this is true?

we say he's well connected and works for the paper that ADUG owns for the good news but is a rag for the bad news.

Jumanji said:
Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:26AM
Posted by David Clayton

Sergio Aguero has thanked the City fans for making him feel at home from his first day in England - and promised the Blues will battle until the end for the title.

The Argentine striker, who collected his Etihad Player of the Month for March, has already bagged 24 goals this season and says he feels Manchester is his home after a stunning first season with the Blues.

He has promised there is plenty more to come, too, with the title still very much in reach.

“I was able to adapt quickly to the team and to the Premier League,” he said. “That was all due to my team-mates, the club and especially the fans.

“We have had a great season but there is so much more to come from this team. I’ve been told we’ve broken historic records and that’s already an achievement. I’ve also learnt it’s important to respect our progress an on-going process.

“As for moving to England, my family and I feel we’ve adapted really well to living in Manchester and we haven’t been here for too long, either.

“The staff of the club and my team-mates have been very supportive, especially Pablo Zabaleta who has been here for quite a while. Everyone has made us feel like home. We still would like to know the city better and maybe visit the outskirts more, but we don’t have too much free time in our hands.

Aguero believes he can cap an incredible year with a Premier League winner’s medal, too – and then wants to add many more in years to come.

“Why wait until next season if we can win it now?” he said.

“I can promise you that we’ll be fighting until the very end. We all want to make it and though it won’t be easy, we believe we can win the Premier League this season.

“Winning titles is about never giving up and we will never give up. I want to win it this season and then many more with City after that.”
I saw this only the other day too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.