Realistic outcome now for rest of season

We had been hitting some form at the right time, like Dickov being nicknamed the Crocus. However without cup games and on the form they're on, it is hard to look past Leicester winning the title. Our form needs 10/13 wins in the league... potentially these next 5 games could leave us adrift and out of the cup running. Conversely, City could deliver. The three cup games back to back can make a hell of a difference. It could be the distraction and spark to push us on. Is our squad strong enough mentally to bounce back immediately? We usually do in the league! That said with the away games we have and our record on the road (not to mention the inept performances of some games), I can see why there is so much doom and gloom.

Man City on the road look like a toothless piranha. That said I back us to bring home the league cup and FA Cup.

(start of season) (recently)
WWWWW LLWLW WWWDW WWDLL WWLWW LWDWL WDWDW WWL
The next 5: SPURS h/CHELSEA a/KIEV a/LIVERPOOL n/LIVERPOOL a

VILLA h/NORWICH a/KIEV h/U****D h/CHERRIES a
BAGGIES h/CHELSEA a/STOKE h/SAINTS a/ARSENAL h
Last fixtures: SWANSEA a/ NEWCASTLE a TBC

FA Cup (with possible replays: 2): 6TH ROUND: 12 March 2016; SEMI-FINAL: 23 April 2016; FINAL: 21 May 2016

UEFA Champions League: QUARTER FINALS: 5 and 6 April; 12 and 13 April 2016; SEMI-FINALS: 26 and 27 April; 3 and 4 May 2016;FINAL: 28 May 2016

We would be unlikely to lose 5 games on the run so with a bit of effort from the players and a lot of effort from the manager we may do a bit better than our current play dictates. Can't see any more than 2 wins in the next 4 though.

I'd be very happy at this point to win the LC and qualify for the CL next season. We really don't deserve to win the League we have been so poor and being outplayed, out thought and outfought by Leicester yesterday just reinforces that view. They would be worthy champions.

It boils down to securing champions league for me.
League, there are currently three teams that are better than us, look fitter than us, and want it more than us.
Cap one cup. Liverpool have become something of a bogey team, they know how to play us and usually pull it off. I'm not convinced we'll beat them at Wembley.
CL. We can and should beat Kiev over two legs, but can we beat one if the better sides in the next stage? Probably not.

Qualifying for Cl is so so important given the players Pep will want to bring in the summer. After yesterday, I'm nervous.

I know it's a long shot but if we can get Kompany back in the team and keep him fit for the rest of the season, we may still have a chance of a league and cup double. We were in worse positions than this when we the won the Premier League on the two previous occasions but things changed to make it happen. Tevez returning the first time round plus United losing at Wigan provided the spark for 2012 whilst the Gerrard slip and Yaya's unbelievable form gave us the impetus in 2014.

I think a Kompany return could provide a similar spark for us, both in solidifying the defence but more importantly his leadership. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but if there's one thing the last few years has taught me, it's not to give up too soon and keep believing.

The way we're playing, injuries, etc.

4th in the PL.(just beating the Rags)
Knocked out of the CL in the last 8 after scraping past Kiev. And even that is my heart ruling my head, as I think Kiev could beat us.
Knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea due to fielding a weakened team.
Capital One Cup. Our only real hope of a trophy this season. I'd like to say yes, but Liverpool will have a full team for that match. All their injured players are now back in training and should be fit for the final. Of course it's on the day, but I can't see us winning that either.
4th in the PL it is then. Hopefully I'm wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.