Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

I'll probably get stick for this but I think Kolarov would do a good job as the deepest midfielder.

Think that player needs to be comfortable taking the ball with either foot, and while Kolarov can play in there when facing forward, it's a different proposition when facing your own goal.

Ederson
Walker Kompany Stones Mendy
Fernandinho
Silva Silva
Sanchez Aguero Sane

subs Bravo, Toure, Jesus, Kolarov, De Bruyne, Sterling, Gundogan

Ederson
Aurier Kompany Mings Bertrand
Yaya
De Bruyne Gundogan Sane
Jesus Aguero
with David Silva rotating with Yaya depending on the team we are playing all the attacking player rotated for fitness buy Dendonker to cover Gundogan
Are you related to this fucking Mings fella? I'm not saying he's a bad player, far from it because I think he's actually got a lot of potential but we're a club with Premier League and Champions League ambitions, we don't need to take such a risk on unproven players.

Are you related to this fucking Mings fella? I'm not saying he's a bad player, far from it because I think he's actually got a lot of potential but we're a club with Premier League and Champions League ambitions, we don't need to take such a risk on unproven players.
no i am not related , and it is not about Mings it is about risk Mings Roberts Sessegnon Stones Henry all have potential but would not be a risks as they would all be squad players, Walker Bertrand and Rose have no potential all good players but represent a bigger risk as they would all be first team players past their peak, All the best defences ,take time to grow an understanding

no i am not related , and it is not about Mings it is about risk Mings Roberts Sessegnon Stones Henry all have potential but would not be a risks as they would all be squad players, Walker Bertrand and Rose have no potential all good players but represent a bigger risk as they would all be first team players past their peak, All the best defences ,take time to grow an understanding

Walker and Bertrand are both 27, how are they past their peak?

Mings is already 24, has only played two seasons of Premier League football (that I'm aware of although I maybe wrong) and has no Champions League or international experience. That represents a far bigger risk when you consider we're only allowed 25 players in the two major tournaments. We need first team ready players at the moment, not players who might potentially be first team players.

Came up with quite a few variables at work whilst bored the other day. Bare with me.

I think next season there won't be one specific formation. It'll be tailored depending on the threat the opposition faces and what we'll be up against.

4-3-3 (Peps most famously used formation)

Ederson
Walker Kompany Stones Mendy
KDB Gundogan Silva
Sane Aguero Sanchez

Subs: Bravo, Otamendi, Bertrand, Yaya, Silva, Sterling, Jesus.

Dependant on other options it could be:

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Bertrand
B.Silva Yaya D.Silva
KDB Jesus Sterling

Subs: Bravo, Stones, Gundo, Sane, Aguero, Sanchez.

Three at the back is really interesting, there's so many different combinations that we could opt for:

Ederson,

Stones, Kompany, Dinho,
Walker, Gundogan, Silva, Mendy,
Silva, Aguero, Sterling

Subs: Bravo, Otamendi, Bertrand, Yaya, Jesus, KDB, Sanchez.

Ederson
Stones, Kompany, Otamendi,
Walker, Yaya, Dinho, Bertrand
KDB,
Sanchez, Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Kolarov, Mendy, Gundogan, B.Silva, Sane, Aguero.

There's so much depth and quality to our squad. (If we land our reported top targets.)

Walker and Bertrand are both 27, how are they past their peak?

Mings is already 24, has only played two seasons of Premier League football (that I'm aware of although I maybe wrong) and has no Champions League or international experience. That represents a far bigger risk when you consider we're only allowed 25 players in the two major tournaments. We need first team ready players at the moment, not players who might potentially be first team players.
At 27 if they were goalkeepers central defenders or even central midfielders they would be just coming to their peak. it does every now and then change, but wing backs is a young mans game and the ability to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes a must,
as for mings he was kicked out of Southampton youth for being too small went to ipswich played left wingback to a good enough standard that Bournmouth spent a lot of money for them 12 million pounds to bring in , he then had an injury that ruled him out for a year, so last season was his first in the prem and his first as a cb, he has good football ability and pace from his lwb days and decent cb skills from playing in a poor team that did not play a 10 man defence ,
with vinny stones otta and kolorov most likely to play cb this season mings is no risk only opportunity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.