Realistic Transfer Targets

richball_PF55

Okay let's be honest, The likes of Cavani and Falcao where not realistic,
both where going for way too much and I know it's never been a problem for us in the past but I assume this new "Holistic approach" may impact the money we throw around in transfers.

I see people talking about Ronaldo, Cavani and Bale..
Lets be realistic, we won't be getting any of them, we pulled out of the cavani chase cause we wouldn't pay the buy out clause which I am happy about, I don't think he's worth it.

The isco deal was an awful kick in the teeth I think we all assumed we where getting him, he was a realistic target and despite what he was quoted saying in a paper awhile back it's very difficult for any young Spaniard to turn them down.

But realistically who should be going for? No insane transfer fees like Cavani or Bale....

I think we're defiantly going to be investing in a striker,
I think it's going to be either Lewandoski or Jovetic.

Realistically, i can see us signing Bernard, Di Maria and Lewandowski/Jovetic.

Lewandowski is a long shot because dortmund would only go through with that if it was a straight-swap with Dzeko, which wouldnt be fixing any of our problems and would only make it worse.

Jovetic is a needed replacement for Tevez, and we need another Winger (Di Maria) and some fresh young talent (Bernard).

Think well be pretty good going after that.

richball_PF55 said:
both where going for way too much and I know it's never been a problem for us in the past but I assume this new "Holistic approach" may impact the money we throw around in transfers.

Lets be realistic, we won't be getting any of them, we pulled out of the cavani chase cause we wouldn't pay the buy out clause which I am happy about, I don't think he's worth it.

The isco deal was an awful kick in the teeth I think we all assumed we where getting him, he was a realistic target and despite what he was quoted saying in a paper awhile back it's very difficult for any young Spaniard to turn them down.

But realistically who should be going for? No insane transfer fees like Cavani or Bale....

in terms of a striker i think we do have ot go world class/top notch to make up for what we have lost in tevez and where we want to go....a strike force of deko, aguero plus a plan b or even plan c player isnt going to cut it

Benteke from Villa, Villa from Barca, Kone from Wigan
are all realistic. Benteke will be the biggest problem
though because Villa will want a fucking ridiculous fee
for him probably 35m or something. I think Kone for about
8m would be pretty good business.

simon23 said:
richball_PF55 said:

in terms of a striker i think we do have ot go world class/top notch to make up for what we have lost in tevez and where we want to go....a strike force of deko, aguero plus a plan b or even plan c player isnt going to cut it

Why is there a general consensus on here that we need another world class striker? Does everyone forget the small Argentinian we call Aguero? he was rated at 50M+ like Falcao not 3 years ago. Hes a proven striker, only just turned 25 and under Pelligrini will be hitting 30+ next season. We reallly dont need a Cavani.

Every player is realistic depending on how much we're prepared to throw as a fee for the club.

We're at a disadvantage as everyone knows we've got the cash, hence the ludicrous price on Cavani.

proudbear said:
simon23 said:
richball_PF55 said:

Why is there a general consensus on here that we need another world class striker? Does everyone forget the small Argentinian we call Aguero? he was rated at 50M+ like Falcao not 3 years ago. Hes a proven striker, only just turned 25 and under Pelligrini will be hitting 30+ next season. We reallly dont need a Cavani.

and if he gets injured, plus rotation needs?...you want to rely on dzeko and guedettl?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.