Realistic Transfer Targets

cityfan41 said:
Benteke from Villa, Villa from Barca, Kone from Wigan
are all realistic. Benteke will be the biggest problem
though because Villa will want a fucking ridiculous fee
for him probably 35m or something. I think Kone for about
8m would be pretty good business.

Re Benteke I feel we could offer a cash plus player scenario.

In all fairness to them Villa are fucking bobbins and several of our lesser lights would be instant first teamers for them.

Something like £15m plus Garcia for example.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Every player is realistic depending on how much we're prepared to throw as a fee for the club.

We're at a disadvantage as everyone knows we've got the cash, hence the ludicrous price on Cavani.

I disagree. Every club knows we are now operating under FFP and the days of us being able to pay the City-tax are gone.

Cavani's price is down to his release clause (which applies to any interested club), not our wealth.

cityfan41 said:
Benteke from Villa, Villa from Barca, Kone from Wigan
are all realistic. Benteke will be the biggest problem
though because Villa will want a fucking ridiculous fee
for him probably 35m or something. I think Kone for about
8m would be pretty good business.

Not unless he hands a transfer request in.

Young, prem experience, strong as an ox, different to other 2 (!) remaining strikers, not too expensive, would surely want to be playing for us rather than that shower ......

Mr HJ said:
Ok So its my first post in what four years so I apologise for being one of those guys who follows bluemoon without posting. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the banter or indeed am not a fully committed fan. Yes I am a ST holder and as I get older my love for the blue shirted heroes grows.

So on point - We have seen some major changes at the club and I for one agree with most of them. The policy of blowing everyone out of the water was/is not sustainable and the club knows this. I had the privilege of meeting Ferran and Vicky Kloss last week when they visited my coffee shop at the airport. They came across much better than I expected, both fully committed to their roles and quite engaging. They were quite candid in what they said but we are about to sign two more players and will look to find the perfect fit. I presume they mean players with pace which is what they implied MP has requested. VK also made me laugh about the clubs thoughts on Danny Mills and she also told me that in the clubs office they have bluemoon constantly up to follow what is being discussed! I found that quite interesting - if the Isco thread is anything to go by they like us all must appreciate the level of humour of (in my opinion) the best and funniest fans around. She wouldn't say if anyone from the club is actually posting but as I said she seems to care about the fans perception of the club which is nice.

I believe the club has finally got a clear plan going forward in terms of player development and whilst I am gutted that Isco chose RM over us we now have a manager who will nurture someone like a Dennis Suarez (if not him another young prospect) and make them into the next ISCO. Won't it be a refreshing change for us to be in a position of developing young players whose market value actually increases? Last year I found myself kind of going through the motions - "Hey we scored" yet now I find the excitement back and I can't wait for the start of the season. So enjoy the coming weeks, we will replace Tevez and for once can look forward to some younger players breaking through.
Well said Mr HJ. I sincerely hope you won't be disappointed.

Targets I would suggest are attainable..

Fernando torres.. performed well in europe last year and underrated atm but getting back to where he used to be

David Villa... for me should be our number one target on the back of tevez departure.

Alexis sanchez.. not settled at barca .. you dont become a bad player over night.

Kaka... signed isco and have far too many midfielders. We are under a different regime then the last cockup so that shouldn't stand in the way.

Hangalaand .. not long past this fella was all the buzz. Would be great squad player.

Mr HJ said:
Ok So its my first post in what four years so I apologise for being one of those guys who follows bluemoon without posting. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the banter or indeed am not a fully committed fan. Yes I am a ST holder and as I get older my love for the blue shirted heroes grows.

So on point - We have seen some major changes at the club and I for one agree with most of them. The policy of blowing everyone out of the water was/is not sustainable and the club knows this. I had the privilege of meeting Ferran and Vicky Kloss last week when they visited my coffee shop at the airport. They came across much better than I expected, both fully committed to their roles and quite engaging. They were quite candid in what they said but we are about to sign two more players and will look to find the perfect fit. I presume they mean players with pace which is what they implied MP has requested. VK also made me laugh about the clubs thoughts on Danny Mills and she also told me that in the clubs office they have bluemoon constantly up to follow what is being discussed! I found that quite interesting - if the Isco thread is anything to go by they like us all must appreciate the level of humour of (in my opinion) the best and funniest fans around. She wouldn't say if anyone from the club is actually posting but as I said she seems to care about the fans perception of the club which is nice.

I believe the club has finally got a clear plan going forward in terms of player development and whilst I am gutted that Isco chose RM over us we now have a manager who will nurture someone like a Dennis Suarez (if not him another young prospect) and make them into the next ISCO. Won't it be a refreshing change for us to be in a position of developing young players whose market value actually increases? Last year I found myself kind of going through the motions - "Hey we scored" yet now I find the excitement back and I can't wait for the start of the season. So enjoy the coming weeks, we will replace Tevez and for once can look forward to some younger players breaking through.

Nice one newms :) Dont leave it 4 years before your next post because you talk a lot of sense.

Seriously don't want Benteke, we don't kick long to our strikers, he'd be pointless. He's another proper MotD player, when he doesn't score he's incredibly wasteful, constantly offside with very poor movement and missing very simple passes. We don't need the Belgian Andy Carroll, he'd look woefully out of his depth with our technically interplay, just as he does for Belgium.

The guy who started the "No to Jovetic" thread suggested Muriel. I'd actually like both were Guidetti loaned out or sold as I think that we're in a position where we may have to take risks on younger, though extremely talented, players.

Otherwise it will be the same situation in the future, baulking, quite rightly, at huge fees.

Anyway, were Guidetti loaned out or sold, they'd be my two suggestions. Think Jovetic would replace Tévez as the more versatile of our strikers who can really lead a team.

Appreciate that some want a more proven striker, though.

Mr HJ said:

Good post, err I mean rag ;)

Marcos Lopes? Denis Suarez?

The thought of these two lads coming through excites me more than us signing the likes of Benteke and Di Maria to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.