Realistic Villa Targets

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
Who on earth do Villa fans actually want? Kicked up a fuss about a few managers by the sounds of things, and to be fair to the chairman, he has listened (ie McClaren).

I see Villa as still quite a big club, but their form last year was very poor, and on the continent, will be less 'known' as they haven't performed in Europe for a few years.

Can slightly understand why they don't want MCleish, but who do they want, a up and coming manager, or an established manager who may cost a bit more?

I was surprised that they were particularly negative about McClaren, ok he failed at England (but who doesn't?) but his club career is very reasonable. Totally understand why they don't want McLeish though. If they are prepared to give the new manager money to spend then Moyes would probably be an option. If not then Curbishley has a good track record on a tight budget and is available. Lambert would have been a decent "up and coming" option. I can't fathom why they are interested in McLeish at all.

They missed there boat with McClaren who I think would of done a decent job there. Has done well since the England job and to win any league title is good going.

After listening to Alan Curbishley yesterday a former player at Villa I thought he would of been given a job interview. He said he wouldnt rule out a move to Villa if he was approached which he wasnt. A decent manager who done wonders with Charlton and West Ham until he got the sack surprised no one has gone in for him since.

Clubber said:
Who on earth do Villa fans actually want? Kicked up a fuss about a few managers by the sounds of things, and to be fair to the chairman, he has listened (ie McClaren).

I see Villa as still quite a big club, but their form last year was very poor, and on the continent, will be less 'known' as they haven't performed in Europe for a few years.

Can slightly understand why they don't want MCleish, but who do they want, a up and coming manager, or an established manager who may cost a bit more?

5 candidates:
Moyes, Hughes, Coyle, Jol and McClaren.

peoffrey said:
Clubber said:

5 candidates:

Don't fancy your itk rating - seeing as Jol signed up as manager of Fulham last week and McClaren signed up to Forest this week :p

I think Gus Poyet would be a good one as well for the up and coming manager. Was supposed to be the brains at leeds, when wise was doing well, and Brighton have been fantastic this year.

Wouldn't cost too much, but whether this would be too big a jump early on is the risk. Knows the prem well though, and looks a clue'd up chap.

bluemoondays said:
peoffrey said:
5 candidates:

Don't fancy your itk rating - seeing as Jol signed up as manager of Fulham last week and McClaren signed up to Forest this week :p

Ha ha ha!!!

If Villa had made approaches as soon as the season had ended then there's 5 likely names there.

Owen Coyle strikes me as being the kind of Manager who jumps ship easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.