Realistically.. Where do you see us in ten years time?

This thread makes me wince. I honestly don't believe that a significant proportion of our fan base have any grasp whatsoever on the money which has been spent on city and the expectations which quite rightly come with that. That's why loads of you are constantly at loggerheads with journalists, pundits and managers of other clubs. They are football people, they know how many hundreds of millions have been spent and will continue to be spent on this club.

If we are not the dominant force in England, and one of the dominant forces in Europe. In 10 years then something has gone terribly, awfully wrong. If we haven't won 15 trophies including the champions league something has gone badly wrong.

ADUG aren't in this to come plodding along with the odd little domestic trophy. Haven't you heard a word that khaldoon has said? This is a 'project' to become the most successful club in the world. In 10 years I think we will be close to that.

Didsbury Dave said:
This thread makes me wince. I honestly don't believe that a significant proportion of our fan base have any grasp whatsoever on the money which has been spent on city and the expectations which quite rightly come with that. That's why loads of you are constantly at loggerheads with journalists, pundits and managers of other clubs. They are football people, they know how many hundreds of millions have been spent and will continue to be spent on this club.

If we are not the dominant force in England, and one of the dominant forces in Europe. In 10 years then something has gone terribly, awfully wrong. If we haven't won 15 trophies including the champions league something has gone badly wrong.

ADUG aren't in this to come plodding along with the odd little domestic trophy. Haven't you heard a word that khaldoon has said? This is a 'project' to become the most successful club in the world. In 10 years I think we will be close to that.
I can immediately think of about a dozen clubs who want the exact same thing and many have as much money at their disposal (some don't).

The City of ten years time will be nothing we will recognise or predict. We could be looking back and remembering with affection that season we won the League before it all went tits up after Mancini was chased out, ADUG bailed due to the collapse of the Abu Dhabi political system and with them City's credibility as a potential force in the game.

Hopefully they will still be here, but even so I still find it difficult to predict 5 or 6 championships in 10 years or multiple domestic cups. As for the CL, we need to be in a position where teams in Europe respect us as a strong contender and that is I fear several (possibly 10) more years off.

The real hope though is that the spectacular development of the club's infrastructure will give us the foundation to remain truly competitive for the foreseeable future. After that it's down to the key people - the owners, the board, and the manager not to fuck it up.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.