Realistically who can take Robinho next season?

kennycar said:
TonyM said:
Hopefully he'll be back at Coms. IMO he should not have gone but said or did not much wrong since. Journalists are nasty people who paint nasty pictures. Those against him IMO are weakminded followers of fashion and right now it's Trendy to be anti Robbie !!! (i'm askin for trouble now)

If he returns I bet he'll be a success - that is if our great fans don't gobble him up first.

hear hear
#yup

NewbBlue said:
Straight up swap with Santos for Ganso or Neymar. He wants to play in Brazil, we get a forward or MF. Problem solved.

I am not sure they are good enough to swap Robinho for them .

Dani Alvez + Hleb = Robinho

How do you solve the problem like Robinho.

It is one hell of a dilema. For me there are three alternatives

1) He is sold
2) He is loaned out
3) He stays at City.

Can't see him being sold no one will stump up anywhere near the 32m we paid and be able to afford his wages.
Can see him being loaned out because the club will insist that the loaning club pick up his wages in full
Can see him being offered clean slate at City - if he pulls his weight and shows correct attitude he will be included in 25 man squad, if he doesn't he will be put with the kids or reserves so unable to influence 1st team squad and be removed from list in Jan.

Robinho is a luxury item -- high-performance sportscar. City signing him back in 2008 was great from a credibility/PR standpoint for the club's new ownership, but made little sense on the pitch. Despite his hot start, he has proven that he can't be asked or arsed to do the hard work required to raise the club's profile. He's the cherry on top of the sundae that you bring in when all the other pieces are in place, but City tried using their Porsche to plough fields.

City weren't quite Robinho-ready last season. Defensive frailties made it hard to justify putting an attack-only player out on the pitch, and the lack of a creative attacking mid deprived Robinho of the crucial link his game needs around the box.

If City are able to sign Kolarov or a player of similar quality at left back, I think our club might be ready for Robson at long last. That is, if everyone can put the disappointing last 1.5 seasons behind them and give him a fresh start.

somervillain said:
Robinho is a luxury item -- high-performance sportscar. City signing him back in 2008 was great from a credibility/PR standpoint for the club's new ownership, but made little sense on the pitch. Despite his hot start, he has proven that he can't be asked or arsed to do the hard work required to raise the club's profile. He's the cherry on top of the sundae that you bring in when all the other pieces are in place, but City tried using their Porsche to plough fields.

City weren't quite Robinho-ready last season. Defensive frailties made it hard to justify putting an attack-only player out on the pitch, and the lack of a creative attacking mid deprived Robinho of the crucial link his game needs around the box.

If City are able to sign Kolarov or a player of similar quality at left back, I think our club might be ready for Robson at long last. That is, if everyone can put the disappointing last 1.5 seasons behind them and give him a fresh start.

Great post that. Robinho was the cherry on the cake when we didn't even have a bun. With the squad we look like we are going to have this season, he could be a real star for us. I really hope he stays.

I truly think that as long as we can spare him his defensive duties at times he would be a good because if he sees that the manager doesn't go on about him tracking back so much then,he would surely be willing to track back just like he does for brazil.

Also having him and silva switching from time to time positions would also help him not tire himself so he can be productive up front,i feel that he is a player who needs an arm around him to be successful and work as a team player because talent wise he is the most talented we have at the club.

We just need to get him focussed and be willing to work for the club cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.