Realistically who can take Robinho next season?

hgblue said:
somervillain said:
Robinho is a luxury item -- high-performance sportscar. City signing him back in 2008 was great from a credibility/PR standpoint for the club's new ownership, but made little sense on the pitch. Despite his hot start, he has proven that he can't be asked or arsed to do the hard work required to raise the club's profile. He's the cherry on top of the sundae that you bring in when all the other pieces are in place, but City tried using their Porsche to plough fields.

City weren't quite Robinho-ready last season. Defensive frailties made it hard to justify putting an attack-only player out on the pitch, and the lack of a creative attacking mid deprived Robinho of the crucial link his game needs around the box.

If City are able to sign Kolarov or a player of similar quality at left back, I think our club might be ready for Robson at long last. That is, if everyone can put the disappointing last 1.5 seasons behind them and give him a fresh start.

Great post that. Robinho was the cherry on the cake when we didn't even have a bun. With the squad we look like we are going to have this season, he could be a real star for us. I really hope he stays.

You guys nailed it!

Finaly!

People are seeing sense...
....................Hart....................
Boateng...Kompany...Lescott...Kolarov

..........Yaya T.......de Jong..........
A Johnson.......Robinho..........Silva

...................Tévez..................

Or:
....................Hart....................
Boateng/KT..Komps..Lescott..Kolarov

..........Yaya T.......de Jong..........
.........Robinho.........Silva...........

...Torres/Dzeko/Ade...Tévez.....

Proved it again yesterday - went AWOL when the going got tough- we need this lad like an alki needs lemonade. Oh and as for what I have seen of Kaka in the last two years that was another fukkin let off

Spacecadet, are you saying you wouldnt sign Kaka given the opertunity?
Granted poor season for Madrid (injured for a part, new team and team mates) poor world cup (Messi, England and Italy teams included) but to say it was a let off not signing the man is poor judgement on your behalf.

Daves boy Saul said:
Granted poor season for Madrid (injured for a part, new team and team mates) poor world cup (Messi, England and Italy teams included) but to say it was a let off not signing the man is poor judgement on your behalf.
poor judgement on my behalf maybe - but I think he has lost a yard and have never been totally convinced about him to be honest. That is my opinion- you may well be right.

Let the little **** rot in the reserves! Mad saying that coz we dreamed of players like him 3years ago but theres better than him at our club now and we can afford better than him! £££££££ Love it!

SC, opinions are what these boards are all about. i would agree he looks to have lost a yard, i would put that down to injury (although still faster that our (Englans whole midfield) and playing in a new team in a new country. He will stay in Madrid (although some here a spaculating we will again make an ostentatious bid for him this Summer) and, i believe become the player he once was.
Would love the man at City though, and i think you would too :)

spacecadet said:
Daves boy Saul said:
poor judgement on my behalf maybe - but I think he has lost a yard and have never been totally convinced about him to be honest. That is my opinion- you may well be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.