Recommend a Car

Stuuuuuu

I'm looking for a new (used) car to buy or lease with the following factors:
  • Family car so lots of storage.
  • Decent power for overtaking.
  • Reliable - not a money pit.
  • Enjoyable to drive.
I'm a reputable chap in the local area so I can't be seen in an Audi, BMW or other wankermobile.

I don't know a huge amount about cars. I've been driving a battered old Mondeo for years. I really like it so I would consider a newer one or something that's a step or two up.

Not interested in a new car but something used that is good value. I do regular 4-hour round trips as my daughter spends a lot of time in hospital so I want something that I can rely on.

Buying or leasing are both options I would consider.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

EDIT:

After a day of reading around, I've whittled it down to the following potential cars. i'd be interested in hearing your view on any of these. I need good boot space, and I like to be able to accelerate with confidence. I guess reliability is quite important, although I am likely to lease for three years so it's probably not a big factor. Cheers.

Skoda Karoq

Kia Sportage

Seat Ateca

Volvo XC40

Cupra Formentor

Ford Puma

Volkswagen T-Roc

Last edited:
The Peugeot 4007

Its actually a Mitzubishi Outlander with a French Badge

I had the 2006 2.2 diesel turbo and it had some proper grunt and was surprisingly good out the blocks for a decent size car, 2 and 4 wheel drive selective gearbox unfortunately it died of a broken clutch (of my own doing). bit prone to rust underneath if parked on grass

All depends on budget. If your buying a shit box for £500 then just buy the best available car irrespective of make and model.

Ps cars seem to be incredibly expensive right now. I'm after getting a small one my son can learn in and there seems uo be nothing half decent for less than 2k and if you have anything close to nice it's 5k+. I'm nit a tight arse but odds are it's going to get pranged.

I'm looking for a new (used) car to buy or lease with the following factors:
  • Family car so lots of storage.
  • Decent power for overtaking.
  • Reliable - not a money pit.
  • Enjoyable to drive.
I'm a reputable chap in the local area so I can't be seen in an Audi, BMW or other wankermobile.

I don't know a huge amount about cars. I've been driving a battered old Mondeo for years. I really like it so I would consider a newer one or something that's a step or two up.

Not interested in a new car but something used that is good value. I do regular 4-hour round trips as my daughter spends a lot of time in hospital so I want something that I can rely on.

Buying or leasing are both options I would consider.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
buy mine - six grand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.