Recommend a good book?

I've read some cracking books recently.
The final book of a trilogy by Mark Lawrence,The emperor of thorns.
The twelve children of Paris by Tim Willocks.(part of a series too but can be read as a standalone)
I'm halfway through the latest Christian Cameron novel The ill made Knight,also a good read.

James Mitchener weaves factual events into gripping stories, Chesapeake being outstanding, one of a very few i have read twice. Len Deighton's "Bomber" and "Goodbye Mickeymouse" very powerful, especially the raid on Dresden.

lust overlord said:
bondsman said:
The lies of Locke lamorra by Scott lynch is excellent

The follow up Red seas under red skies, isnt quite as good but worth reading.The 3rd book The republic of thieves is due end of October.

Agreed lynch had had severe depression which delayed republic but I've read the pre release excerpt and looks good. Should be interesting to finally meet sabetha.

malg said:
Old, but good, and possibly relevant (?) - The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist.

Amazing to think it is coming up to the 100th year anniversary of when that book was written.

Bit depressing really that you're right and it is just as relevant today as it was a century ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.