Recommend me some books!

i implore you to try irvine welsh. trainspotting being the obvious one but glue, marabou stalk nightmares, filth are all classics. books that cause you to take a few minutes to get your head round what you've just read. the da vinci code is amazing. also try the bandini quartet by john fante. the second instalment is the funniest book i've ever read.

trublueaussie said:
I'm a big fan of biographies myself. Try Mr Nice by Howard Marks, or No Blacks No Dogs No Irish by John Lydon.

Nah, you want My Life In Music by David Hasselhoff.

Personal favorites of mine include Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger and Animal Farm by George Orwell.

It's swings and roundabouts, though. I can recommend you books about Football or Music.

And the land lay Still james Cameron

....A scottish our friends in the north

epic story telling

Power of the Dog by Don Winslow, Novel about a fight on the Mexican drugs trade was best book for me last year and is pretty brutal in parts and puts some light onto the goings on in Mexico at present.

Anything By Jo Nesbo

1984 - Pretty Spooky some of the predictions especially the National Lottery bit

Bird Song by Sebastian Faulks

There's some good suggestions in this thread. Somme Mud is the best WW1 book I've read.

Last time there was a book thread on here someone mentioned The Carpet King of Texas. I read that over Christmas and it was great. I couldn't put it down.

discopop said:
Power of the Dog by Don Winslow, Novel about a fight on the Mexican drugs trade was best book for me last year and is pretty brutal in parts and puts some light onto the goings on in Mexico at present.

Anything By Jo Nesbo

1984 - Pretty Spooky some of the predictions especially the National Lottery bit

Bird Song by Sebastian Faulks

Im reading The Snowman right now, absolutely fantastic book. I've really got into Scandinavian crime novels, theres something mysteriously dark about them. Anything by Stieg Larsson.

Atomised by Michel Houellebecq, in fact anything by that man is worth reading. The Outsider by Albert Camus is another gooden. The Idiot by Dostoyevsky. Finally, one of personal favourites, The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.