Record Breaking Support 60,000

ban-mcfc said:
Skashion said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Important question. If 60,000 are going to Wembley, why was there so many empty seats on Tuesday? And against Wigan and West Ham? Infact did they support City in 2007?
I heard a rumour once that not all City fans live in Manchester and not all fans go to every match. It was just a rumour though.

that's bollocks, all city fans were born on the banks of the ship canal.

More likely conceived on the banks of the ship canal between the hours of 12am and 2am any given Friday, Saturday or Sunday

If there is 60k in the ground it will ask serious questions of those who can't be arsed to turn up for a community shield derby, should we get there

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Just of interest, how on earth would someone know that ?

32000 allocation yes but the rest is just guesswork.

Wouldnt surprise me if there are 10,000 empty seats.

I can't see that we have near 30000 more than the original allocation. Wigan will have 20k so that would make 80k. It holds 90k. Can't see that the hangers on, freeloaders and the FArce Committee would only account for 10k.

BringBackSwales said:
If there is 60k in the ground it will ask serious questions of those who can't be arsed to turn up for a community shield derby, should we get there

Not going tomoz as my lads going in my place but will be there for those bastards.

Edit - If we win tomoz of course!

I would guess at 40 to 45k max city 20k Wigan 17 hangers on and maybe 7000 empty seats

City official 32k
Wigan 22k
City Club Wembley 8k
City Other 5k
Neutrals 15k

Total 82k

I think it's possible that City and Wembley will know in advance about the take-up of the FA Committee seats in the City end, but how would they know the affiliation of the Club Wembley and Corporate seats?

50k City seems reasonable. Expecting to see big gaps in the Wigan end though which will be a shame when you consider the prices City fans have paid.

Gary James said:
mcfcirlam said:
Just spoke to someone in the club who tells me with Club Wembley, Corporate and extra tickets from Wigan they estimate 60,000 City fans in the stadium.
This will be the biggest support ever for one club at Wembley.

Assuming it does reach 60,000 I guess that "record" is only true for the new Wembley. Arsenal played home European games at old Wembley with over 70k.

a bigger buzz-kill than Buzz Killington..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.