Record Shops

Anyone kept the vinyl they bought from back in the day , regrettably traded mine in for cds at x records , Bolton , specifically remember owning slayers live undead picture disc and a double Motörhead album in a leather sleeve
Still have all my vinyl and CDs I've accumulated since childhood. I've never traded them in. Still play them.

Was a god send as a teenage metal head with only paper round money to spend , saturday was 12p on the bus into town , the metal patch/shop right next to the old bus station in the Arndale, the oasis market off market st and on to power cuts , happy days
I remember when i was around 12 years old and getting up early on Saturdays to go to Northenden Golf Club to get some caddy work. My first ever time and i got to be a caddy for some double rich Cheshire bloke in a Rolls Royce. 18 holes and i cleaned all the clubs every time...3 QUID he paid me!! I was gutted...I thought he was gonna give me at least a 20!
Anmyway...i went straight to a newsagents that sold a few records in Northern Moor ... they had ONE 7" Black Sabbath single...so i bought it..purple vinyl Hard Road with Symptoms of the Universe on the B-side. Well worth doing caddying for!

Tommy Vance fridays nights and taping power hour at 2/3 in the morning and getting up giddy on a Saturday morning eager to watch it , bring back the old school metal days !!!

Tommy Vance fridays nights and taping power hour at 2/3 in the morning and getting up giddy on a Saturday morning eager to watch it , bring back the old school metal days !!!
Essential listening the Friday rock show was, discovered many bands on there as a 10 year old getting into rock and metal in early 80s..Rush, Lizzy, Zeppelin, Maiden. Great days.

It’s saturday night let’s rock , so far I’ve had , Metallica , the doors , Hendrix , rammstein , maiden , quo , and depeche mode have just randomly come on

7CF76DA0-ACDA-4A78-BE2C-CD328D7B27AA.jpeg
Reminds of the early 90’s , eggs ! Proper metal heads will remember them , nothing better than a fried egg butty listening to zodiac mindwarp and the love reaction, eggs are the one thing I miss about old school metal , we got them from an animal called chickens , I remember putting them in a microwave listening to suicidal tendencies , we called them scrambled eggs , they had a yellow bit called yolk which if memory serves me right Lemmy was very fond of , he’d cut toast into strips and call them soldiers

What was the place that used to be down Oxford Street (IIRC) and was up a flight of stairs?
It was called Black Sedan.
We used to liberate promo posters from the walls on the stairs.
Think bootlegs were £2 when we started going in, maybe 73/74...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.