Recruitment issues

Does
AADgy4AAA9h4.jpg
Doesnt read well, does it?!

But it goes back to my point that we take a player based on his performances in THAT TEAM, then try shoehorn the player into being a “Pep player.”

Pep didn’t have that problem at Barca, because they were raised that way. At Bayern, he inherited a top, top team that had the finances and contacts to get the very best at the price of their choosing!

At City, you need an “oil money convincer” to get the player from the club, then a fat contract for average players to slot them into the wage structure.

Meanwhile, the Academy has produced ONE STARTER, but we live in hope!

Going forward, we are often scintillating when it’s working, but when it’s not, we just keep trying the same thing but “harder and more desperately!”

Defensively, we finally now have a big back line of actual defenders (Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake).

Who knows what might happen next?!

Need a big strong midfielder (Aouar) and a goal scoring CF (TBD), and we SHOULD have the 16-18 players to keep us at the very top!

Im not one who thinks we should win everything every year, because that simply disrespects quality opposition. However, I DO want to see progress in personnel and evolution on the field. We have not been seeing that!

City’s “job” is to be challenging for the PL every season, with Top 4 as a minimum. From there, a cup run for the dubs is nice, and keeps them fit and interested, although I honestly don’t care about the domestic Cups that much.

Plus, we simply have to be in the Top 8 in Europe every season, if not Top 4, 2, or (pinch me, I’m dreaming) CL winners. That takes luck as well as quality on the field, and we are stumbling out through poor decisions on AND OFF THE FIELD.

Pep seems to have created a CL monkey for his back, instead of realizing it is a tournament MADE for him!

The officials are hypersensitive you fouls, the teams are all high quality and confident in their ability to go forward, thus leaving the spaces for Pep to exploit, yet we seem to choke at the final hurdle every season...fall to a lesser opponent, where Pep is often out-coached!
That simply should not happen!

The officials are hypersensitive you fouls, the teams are all high quality and confident in their ability to go forward, thus leaving the spaces for Pep to exploit, yet we seem to choke at the final hurdle every season...fall to a lesser opponent, where Pep is often out-coached!
That simply should not happen!
More often than not, by himself.

We won 198 pts over two seasons (record in Europe) and won 6 domestic trophies in a row ( breaking multiple records in England). Yet we are complaining about recruitment. WTF? It's not like 5-6 players won those trophies and the rest were a mediocre supporting cast. Even the much criticised Otamendi, Stones, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Jesus and Mahrez have significantly contributed to our historical achievements. Recruitment has been success.

Last edited:
we need someone in midfield prepared to do the clearing up operation in front of the defence, lets face it KDB and Foden are forward thinking, Ferno has lost his engine while Rhodri is not mobile enough. Kante type player, no nonsense midfielder.

we need someone in midfield prepared to do the clearing up operation in front of the defence, lets face it KDB and Foden are forward thinking, Ferno has lost his engine while Rhodri is not mobile enough. Kante type player, no nonsense midfielder.

John Smith's the man.

We seem to have had extremely bad luck buying players that become injury prone. Season after season it seems that we have key players out for long periods and when you’re short on players in key positions it can kill your season (like LaPorte last season). Is this because of the intensity of Pep‘s style of play or is it simply bad luck?

We seem to have had extremely bad luck buying players that become injury prone. Season after season it seems that we have key players out for long periods and when you’re short on players in key positions it can kill your season (like LaPorte last season). Is this because of the intensity of Pep‘s style of play or is it simply bad luck?
In Laporte case bad luck. He went for the ball he didn’t need to.

In recent years the club has had two Jesuses, two Silvas and a Bronze.
I think we need to show more ambition, and buy players called God and Gold. We're bound to win then!

I agree with most of the arguments that have been put on in this thread. You just cant tell me that a club with aspirations and backing like ours can't successfully scout TWO (2) competent fullbacks? Tierney, although struggling vs Liverpool at this very moment, was right there for idk at least 2 seasons, everyone and their dog knew that he's going to be a cracking player. Leicester had two fullbacks on the pitch yesterday who looked miles better than what we have and that is unacceptable. I love Walker but he just cannot contribute to attack to save his life. The man just can't cross the bloody ball. Castagne was quality going forward for Leicester and they snatched him from Atalanta for like 21m. James Justin was playing at Luton Youth setup up until 2019. This just gotta be fixed or they need to start afresh.

We needed to rebuild the defence when the market was out of control so the number are deemed high. Let’s not forget we have won multiple trophies which is the whole point? What did united get for the money they have spent?

It is never mentioned that we won everything so the fees paid were justified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.