Red Cafe in meltdown

It’s usually “Oh yes, I’m a massive United fan, mate”. They couldn’t find the swamp on a map.
In Portugal once and a gobshite from Croydon told me that it wasn’t compulsory to come from Manchester to support them. I pointed out that they don’t come from Manchester and he said he’d heard that ‘old chestnut’ before.
Asked him if he’d ever been to the swamp and he just replied that he’d never seen Depeche Mode but he was still a massive fan!
I will be honest he really stumped me with that one!
City game came on and it was just after the horrible murder of the two young police officers and there was a minutes silence at the Etihad.
He made some comment about Mancunians being scum - that was not only my cue but, Mrs Super too.
What I hadn’t noticed was a group of cockney’s behind us who had stood heads bowed throughout the whole minute.
They were all retired Met on a golfing jolly. We didn’t get near him!

Someone’s on there now wondering if they are cursed!

Still no mention of Rock of Gibraltar!
Speaking of cursed do you remember all those bullshit stories about these workers building the commonwealth stadium as it was known back then and burying utd shirts in the foundations.
And then them laughing as they believed us being shite was because of them!
Fuckin delusional wankers.

They're a long way off learning the hard lessons of life. They should go down to the Championship for a few seasons, maybe spend a season or two in League One. Maybe be kicked to shit in League Two for a season.
Otherwise, they are just mewling puking infants. Their time as a dominant force is over.
It's over.

At the beginning of the nineties they got very lucky with having an exceptional generation come through at exactly the time that worldwide coverage of the English game kicked in and an Amazon river of money from the satellite companies flowed into the game. They had a hard-nosed manager who got most players he went after — you think of Cantona, you think of Schmeichel, you think of Keane, later Rooney — to bolster the youngsters he had playing. And because Liverpool's star had faded, the media bowed down to them as one man for the relative success they were getting in Europe when nobody else much was. He was allowed to bully match day officials in a way I've never seen before or since.
I shall never, ever feel sorry for them. If you ever feel a grain of sympathy for them you'll be called abruptly to order by bumping into some dickhead at a beach bar or in a pub wearing a United top who's from, say, Brisbane, and who tells you solemnly "Oh yes, I'm a United fan, mate”.
I think I know the bloke from Brisbane is he called Paul

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.