Red Star Belgrade away.

That makes a grim read, what a place, just glad I didn't cross anyone while there. Would go back though, thought people were sound once you made the effort to engage with them.
Hope to revisit sometime, great food too.
crazy stuff mate, people get mental

That makes a grim read, what a place, just glad I didn't cross anyone while there. Would go back though, thought people were sound once you made the effort to engage with them.
Hope to revisit sometime, great food too.
I mean, in general, serbians are very friendly, if you don't poke them :)

If you want to take me saying you're "not daft" as a compliment, then fill yer boots mate.

My mrs is definitely not Charlize Theron. But do you reckon she'd take it as a compliment if I told her that?

Answers on a postcode.
You did very well getting away with buying her a pot noodle on the plane yesterday mate ,think I would if ended up on the naughty step :+) in still waiting to find out how my pregnant daughter likes a wizz air sick bag as a Xmas present :+)

The trouble still surprises me as noisy lads from the valleys and hard drinking North Walians enjoyed themselves in Belgrade without problems. Someone also said Premier League clubs have had quiet trips too.

I wouldn’t wish to go back to Paris, Tirana, Baku or Yerevan quickly but would visit Belgrade again. Maybe we were just unlucky?

Just unfortunate the ultras lot dressed in black with faces covered happened to come across an easy target. They are shit houses, they wouldn't go at the main group of hundreds drinking but 5 or 6 lads outside a bar they will steam into.

You could have this experience in most European countries though, in some the Police are your biggest worry, they don't get people being pissed up and having a sing song on the continent, they go in tooled up like they are breaking up a coronation protest!

Their flag wasn't hung up in a bar mate, they unfurled it to pose for a photo, the day before the game, when they went to take a look at the ground. They were then approached by Ultras who threatened them with violence unless they handed it over

@mrtwiceaseason and his lad are seasoned travellers and not daft enough to incite the locals (not that hanging a flag should ever be considered incitement FFS).

Having trawled many bars on match day, I didn't see one flag hung by any Blues anywhere. Not one.

City fans were very aware of the threat in Belgrade and adjusted the "normal" Euro away behaviour accordingly.

In fact, I would say we were impeccable :)
I couldn’t believe how few City fans we saw from Tuesday onwards, until we got in the ground. We definitely adjusted our normal way of doing Euro aways, especially as my lad was with us for his first one. Loved it though, Skadarlija was great

Thanks for all the advice on here. I’m not a regular lurker never mind poster on here but the advice helped me to have a great trip.
Agreed the advice with esims and finding out on here we had to get the bus early doors was a massive help.

A mate from Belgrade said most real fans won't go since Red Star have imported ultras and hooligan partnerships from Russia and other fools. Didn't look particularly welcoming. Up there with the Rijeka (Croatia) away end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.