Ref squaring up to player

I used to work with Darren (Newcastle Fan) at RAF Waddington and he's a top fella. Had many a conversation about the games he's done and the plonkers he's encountered. That Ipswich player must have seriously pissed him off because he is a very chilled guy. We all have our limits though.
Which club has he told the FA he supports? He Reffed Newcastle earlier this season.

Which club has he told the FA he supports? He Reffed Newcastle earlier this season.
I've no idea to be honest. He was only doing Champions downwards when I knew him but let's be honest we see Anthony Taylor referee United regular and even when they've played us. It's not so much who you genuinely support but more about integrity. There's plenty that can say they support Altrincham or Tranmere but it's more about their on field performance that answers that question truthfully.

I've no idea to be honest. He was only doing Champions downwards when I knew him but let's be honest we see Anthony Taylor referee United regular and even when they've played us. It's not so much who you genuinely support but more about integrity. There's plenty that can say they support Altrincham or Tranmere but it's more about their on field performance that answers that question truthfully.
You'd think though that in a country of 60 odd million they could find a competent ref without a dog in the fight.

didn't do that much wrong, the player will claim it hurt his mental health and the ref will lose his job, if your going to be gobby with people don't be surprised if someone stands up to you, nothing story
As the poet Vardy once said: chat shit, get banged.

Wouldn't it be fun
If they gave the ref a gun

Lost it and the red mist descended for a brief moment,but credit to him for the incredibly quick recovery and his return of composure.

More of this sort of thing!

Id last 5 mins as a pro ref....too many fannies....i just wish refs wouldnt take so much crap.
My thoughts too, see too much of players abusing and gobbing off at officials, probably the biggest thing I respect them for, their restraint, pretty sure Collina used to be quite confrontational, and he was lauded for it .

Get him promoted. Only to see Slabhead pretend he's been headbutted by him and spend 10 mins rolling around whilst everyone pisses themselves laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.