Ref Watch

Pretty sure he survived but was in a bad way. Robertson always trying his best to cause serious damage though.

If it was the same incident that made quite big news, it was a Bath City player and he has survived and recovering but isn’t sure if he’ll ever play again.

The problem there, and at a lot of non league clubs, is the advert board was a permanent, solid concrete structure. Madness when you think about it.

I’d be pretty sure that at the top end, there are regulations on what they can be made of, to make it as safe as possible if someone does crash in to them.

A player recently had similar to this in non league in England, colided with the hoardings, and subsequently died.

His name is Alex Fletcher and he didn’t die, here’s a link from 2 weeks ago of him talking about it.

As to the ref himself, he just had an absolute nightmare full stop.

Completely lost control of the game by neglecting to hand out a couple of yellows mid way through the first half and never really recovered it.

Should really have booked Carvajal in the first half, yet also rightly told him to stop being a minge when he was dying from an almost touched wrist but also 99/100 other refs would’ve booked Rodri in the second half so simply needs to throw the kitbag in the hedge today when he gets home and have a long think about whether it comes out.

I thought he could have been worse - and we have seen worse. He could have given them a penalty for one of the handball shouts - the ref in Munich did. He could have booked Bernardo much earlier. He could have booked Jack for reacting to being thrown into the advertising hoarding. We would have been even more furious if he did - but those were the sort of incidents that someone looking to give Real a big advantage could have taken.

As it was he was the usual poor referee, who lets Real use their roughhouse tactics and can't recognise a dive when it's right in front of his nose. In my view - anytime a player launches full length forward with both feet together it is a dive - because you just don't fall like that when someone trips you - yet it seems to be the natural response of Real players when a defender comes within 6inches of them.

I thought he was going to ask for selfies with the Madrid players in the tunnel pre match whilst shaking most of their hands.
Think Gundogan was the only City player he shook hands with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.