Ref Watch

It was obvious he should have been harder on carvajal and kroos, but there were times when they were constantly in his ear and he didnt give in to them. Watching arsenal sunday and madrid tonight, this play acting is sad to see go unpunished

They believe that because they can, and they do unfortunately mate. If one of our players did that the red card would be out quicker than Kyle’s cock in that bar. How brilliant was he defensively last night by the way.

I don’t think that statement stands up to much scrutiny. Kroos’ challenge was late, high and intentional and was a clear yellow card. But Silva’s earlier challenge was more likely to cause a bad injury and was only punished with a free kick.

Just watching the replay now and taking a few notes. Up to the 28th minute:

13th minute Bernie crosses the ball and Haaland goes up for a header. Carvajal clatters straight into his back and bowls him over before the ball even gets there.

16th minute Carvajal fouls Gundo.

18th minute Stonesy brought down on edge of box. No foul given.

25th minute Carvajal fouls Jack.

26th minute Carvajal fouls Jack again in what looked like a clear yellow card incident.

28th minute, Gundo body checked and the recipient of a sly elbow to the head by Rudiger.

And that’s only up to the 28th minute!
Anyone else think the push into the back of Haaland was a penalty?

Carvajal should have been in the book probably after his fourth foul but should have seen red for his shove on Grealish into the hoardings. We didn't even get a free kick for it! Kroos arguably should have seen red, either a straight one or a second yellow after his blatant dive, Rudiger assaulted Gundo but disguised it quite well but if you have played the game at a half decent level you would know what he tried to do. That said Rodri and Bernie should have been booked as well. Ref was basically fucking awful and City should be complaining to UEFA about it.

I thought the ref last night 'could have been worse'. He set a very high threshold for a yellow card that effected both sides, but particularly Carvajal. As others have said he tried to keep all players on the field. I hope we don't have Lahoz anywhere near us this season.

I thought the ref last night 'could have been worse'. He set a very high threshold for a yellow card that effected both sides, but particularly Carvajal. As others have said he tried to keep all players on the field. I hope we don't have Lahoz anywhere near us this season.
Carvajal must have incriminating pics of that ref. Has to.

Yeah, he set the standard for yellow cards to RM players to require borderline red card challenges, and the standard for yellow cards to City players to be generally when an RM player asked for one to be given.

I was shocked when he did book Kev for Kroos’ blatant dive, especially given the fouls he gave for Camavinga and Rodrygo diving, whilst ignoring Carvajal’s and Rudiger’s Krav Maga demonstrations.

Yeah, he set the standard for yellow cards to RM players to require borderline red card challenges, and the standard for yellow cards to City players to be generally when an RM player asked for one to be given.
He let Rodri off twice when most refs would’ve booked him…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.