Ref Watch

Why didn’t VAR intervene in the horrendous mistake the ref made over the Casimero foul on Akanji?

VARcan only intervene if it's a potential red card. When I saw it live, I thought it was a yellow card challenge - Casemiro coming down on Akanji's foot. I've not seen live footage that made me think it's a red card, only some stills.

VAR can't tell the ref to give a yellow card or to change his mind.

VARcan only intervene if it's a potential red card. When I saw it live, I thought it was a yellow card challenge - Casemiro coming down on Akanji's foot. I've not seen live footage that made me think it's a red card, only some stills.

VAR can't tell the ref to give a yellow card or to change his mind.
Jermaine Jenas seemed to think it was bad enough. The bbc commentator said it WAS checked, VERY quickly

I've said it before and I'll say it again, team should be those that appeal decisions as in tennis. One each half only. If appeal made, ref reviews the images, asking for all angles and miked up to the stadium. There are just too many contentious decisions for most teams, which leads to conspiracy theories. Ref and var need to be tgat transparent it'll look like window cleaner has done a belting job.
Otherwise VAR just for offsides in its current state.
Changing the LOTG back to something that's basic common sense, that most people can understand, and officials can't manipulate, would help for starters. That's not going to happen though is it ?
You are right, there is no logical reason why refs cannot be miked up for public info. It works very well in both rugby and cricket. At the moment there has to be an ulterior motive with all this secrecy.
Webb smirking on Saturday would suggest it was "we can do what we want and they can do fcuk all about it".
We all paid a lot of money to go to Wembley fearing we would be screwed over and then saw our fears unfold before our very eyes.
A lesser team than City would not have overcome that on Saturday.

Last edited:
I thought Jenas said he thought that it was deliberate, but didn't say more than that.
The commentator said “he was nowhere near the ball and made no attempt to okay it@. Jenas said “you can clearly see he’s gone over the top of the ball and caught Akanji…. It’s not a pretty one that, at all….it’s nasty that and he knows it, he knows what he’s doing there Casemiro, it’s a really bad challenge”. He then went in to say sarcastically “it was that good of a challenge by Casemiro he’s even got the free kick”. For the bbc against the scum that’s pretty outspoken

Put your Bruno Fernandes shirt on and try it that way.
Then you are getting about half the height you could if you used your arms.

So not something a top class athlete can get away with.

Your arms go up, down, then up again when you jump up to increase leap height and aid in balance and movement in the air.

In fact, literally the only way to move once you are off the ground is by moving your limbs, especially your arms.

That is quite literally elementary physics.

Anyone claiming you can move in the air, in a way needed as a professional athlete, without moving your arms, is a liar or a moron or both.
OK mate. You convinced me. It's a perfect natural flail of the left arm only, there's no way a professional athlete can jump without flailing the left arm. Sorry for arguing with you.

IMG-3665.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.