Ref Watch

I really wish that referees came out to explain their horrendous decisions after the game.
Howard Webb smirking after the pen was given nearly cost me a new TV. He needs to give us a fucking apology

I really wish that referees came out to explain their horrendous decisions after the game.
Howard Webb smirking after the pen was given nearly cost me a new TV. He needs to give us a fucking apology
The most sickening sight of the day.
The head of refs getting aroused by a decision for the rags.
Some things never change do they Howard?

I'm not, I just think that the rules allow it to be given. It's a horrible decision, but it's not outside the interpretation of the rules.
That's the problem IMHO. They changed the law to permit VAR to intervene as and when it suits them in order to influence the match. It's no longer a sport as it's all about "protecting the product". That is not only wrong, but corrupt.

Just watching the game on tv for the first time & what struck me was that Coote only played one angle of incident for Tierney

The other angle, you can clearly see that Grealish has his eyes closed, so can’t know where the ball is. Therefore, showing it couldn’t possibly be deliberate

Why hamstring the ref by only showing one angle, instead of every single angle possible?

Is it just me wondering why only one angle was shown?

The VAR will initially show him the best angle that supports his opinion that it’s a penalty. He’ll then ask if he wants to see any more angles or if he’s happy? It’s then up to the referee if he’s seen enough or wants to see alternate angles. They pretty much always decline.

That’s handball if it’s champions league game but Web said he wanted referees on the pitch to make the decisions and the handball went from every handball given to next to none like the Grealish one so Coote needs to be took to task on his use of var when he is in the the var box when his team is playing it’s obvious he is totally bias a cheat!

The VAR will initially show him the best angle that supports his opinion that it’s a penalty. He’ll then ask if he wants to see any more angles or if he’s happy? It’s then up to the referee if he’s seen enough or wants to see alternate angles. They pretty much always decline.

Genuine question. What is the relationship supposed to be between the referee and the VAR in this situation? Is he there to assist the referee to make the best decision, or to just tell him what his decision should be and justify it to him? Only asking because these protocols seem so inconsistent.

For the Grealish handball, for example, it took VAR a minute and multiple angles to decide what happened. Why should a referee get only one angle. Who is actually refereeing the game here?

That's the problem IMHO. They changed the law to permit VAR to intervene as and when it suits them in order to influence the match. It's no longer a sport as it's all about "protecting the product". That is not only wrong, but corrupt.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, team should be those that appeal decisions as in tennis. One each half only. If appeal made, ref reviews the images, asking for all angles and miked up to the stadium. There are just too many contentious decisions for most teams, which leads to conspiracy theories. Ref and var need to be tgat transparent it'll look like window cleaner has done a belting job.
Otherwise VAR just for offsides in its current state.

Genuine question. What is the relationship supposed to be between the referee and the VAR in this situation? Is he there to assist the referee to make the best decision, or to just tell him what his decision should be and justify it to him? Only asking because these protocols seem so inconsistent.

For the Grealish handball, for example, it took VAR a minute and multiple angles to decide what happened. Why should a referee get only one angle. Who is actually refereeing the game here?

He can tell the referee what he wants like the ball hit Grealish hand and he looks in an unnatural position have a look on the screen! Bottom line referee never have it so for Coote to take it to referee it had to be a 100% sure

He can tell the referee what he wants like the ball hit Grealish hand and he looks in an unnatural position have a look on the screen! Bottom line referee never have it so for Coote to take it to referee it had to be a 100% sure
Well yes, he can be 100% sure it touched his fingers, but i thought the subjective elements were for the referee to decide?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.