Ref Watch

Do we yet know why Mason blow as the ball was going into the net ?

I still cant see an offence once the ball is struck
He was just trying to correct his own error in blowing the first time, so in the end, he has made a right old hash of it.

Was away from football yesterday. I've just seen something about Atwell not giving united a pen because of what would be said in the media etc. Is that right? Or have I seen that on some piss take site like Paddy Power?

Was away from football yesterday. I've just seen something about Atwell not giving united a pen because of what would be said in the media etc. Is that right? Or have I seen that on some piss take site like Paddy Power?
Shaw has said Maguire misunderstood what Atwell said now.

While assuming he did say it the worrying thing for me is less that the refs are concerned with how they affect games but more especially if they thought it was a pen, how powerful they actually are.

For the record I watched the game on mute, thought it was a raggy arm in realtime and on the replays.

Last edited:
Something to that effect yeah.

Basically, Hudson-Odoi supposedly handled the ball, Atwell didn't give pen after VAR consultation. Fatty Shaw then says at the presser Maguire told him Atwell told Maguire that VAR supposedly told Atwell there's a pen, but Atwell decided against because 'it will cause alot of talk'.

Confusing to read yeah? Cuz it's alot of he says, she says.

EDIT:

Shaw has said Maguire misunderstood what Mason said now.

While assuming he did say it the worrying thing for me is less that the refs are concerned with how they affect games but more especially if they thought it was a pen, how powerful they actually are.

For the record I watched the game on mute, thought it was a raggy arm in realtime and on the replays.
I mean that is actual cheating if true. I had a look at what Shaw said. For us it's funny they didn't get it, but the bigger picture there is that a ref, if what he said is true, has manipulated a potential result because of his own supposed fears. That is completely unacceptable, albeit piss funny in this case.

I mean that is actual cheating if true. I had a look at what Shaw said. For us it's funny they didn't get it, but the bigger picture there is that a ref, if what he said is true, has manipulated a potential result because of his own supposed fears. That is completely unacceptable, albeit piss funny in this case.
As if I'd infer the refs aren't honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.