Ref Watch

Reading on here that the ref had a great game. Stood behind the goal it felt very different-

Looked like a very clear handball from James. Didn’t show a replay in the ground, but first instinct was he controlled it with his forearm

It looked very much like Rudiger deliberately took KDB out, again only saw it in real time, no replay in the ground, but it was surely either accidental and no card, or deliberate and a red card?

Chelsea constantly time wasting and no yellow cards or enforcement from the ref, I thought Mendy was in danger of falling asleep the amount of time he spent lying on the ground

Seemed to give them the majority of the free kicks
This.

I counted at least 4 fouls from Reece James. It's amazing he left the pitch without a single yellow. During the half time whistle, I saw Mahrez pretty frustrated and seems to be complaining, I thought he was complaining about how the Chelsea wingbacks are getting away with bookings.

Reading on here that the ref had a great game. Stood behind the goal it felt very different-

Looked like a very clear handball from James. Didn’t show a replay in the ground, but first instinct was he controlled it with his forearm

It looked very much like Rudiger deliberately took KDB out, again only saw it in real time, no replay in the ground, but it was surely either accidental and no card, or deliberate and a red card?

Chelsea constantly time wasting and no yellow cards or enforcement from the ref, I thought Mendy was in danger of falling asleep the amount of time he spent lying on the ground

Seemed to give them the majority of the free kicks
That's what I thought, and the replay showed exactly that. Rudiger deliberately changed the path he had started and clearly chose to stay in KdB's line of movement, and then at the last moment he turned so that it was his shoulder of which KdB felt the full force. It's a clear booking which the ref doled out but I can't think of another player whose team's fortunes would be materially altered so much were he removed than KdB. We will never know what contribution Kev would have made in the last half hour, but the way he stayed down, the way he was helped off it was clear it wasn't a Crappenberg 'coming together!

That's what I thought, and the replay showed exactly that. Rudiger deliberately changed the path he had started and clearly chose to stay in KdB's line of movement, and then at the last moment he turned so that it was his shoulder of which KdB felt the full force. It's a clear booking which the ref doled out but I can't think of another player whose team's fortunes would be materially altered so much were he removed than KdB. We will never know what contribution Kev would have made in the last half hour, but the way he stayed down, the way he was helped off it was clear it wasn't a Crappenberg 'coming together!
Exactly that. A coming together wouldn’t be a yellow, for me that was a red or nothing

The whole Chelsea team got away with theatrics. The ref chose to say no handball extremely quickly.

The most annoying aspect last night came to fouls. Chelsea got away with so much shirt pulling/underhanded tactics.

On the flip side gundo was booked for his first foul.

Ultimately though I refuse to blame the ref, we simply chose the wrong starting 11.

I thought the ref did ok, he certainly wasn't responsible for picking Sterling to start on the left, and then play our best attacking player in Foden deep with no Fernandinho in the centre of the park to hold it all together.
Very true.
I can't blame the ref for our no show

The view from behind looked handball but was never analysed closely enough. From his view it didn’t look handball. Guess we will never know but we should not still be wondering.
Totally agree, we got one brief showing it and certainly did look handball, not touching his chest beforehand. The ref made such a strong and immediate case for it not to be a pen, it was never going to be overruled by VAR.

Was it a handball though? Why does it seem like a blackout of any replay on the bloody thing! Can’t find a clip of it anywhere other than when it looks like it strikes his arm from a mile away. Just so odd!
Sure if it had been the other way round we would have been treated to every conceivable angle

I thought he did just ok that’s about it though he does seem an attention seeker .... fist pumping players ..... helping players up ...... stopping the game immediately for a clash of knees ......... must have been a nightmare for UEFA though not being able to screw an English side over

There was an occasion in each half , once when a Chelsea player got caught fairly , went over and the ref pulled City back . We got a drop ball once Chelsea reorganised.
Second half , similar one on a City player, Chelsea were allowed to continue . Im not saying he had a bad game but there has to be consistency . It’s the little things that disrupt the game that can be as damaging as a non penalty shout .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.