Ref Watch

Foden was onside. If he had put his rebound in instead of Raz the goal would have stood.
Well I've just watched it and I don't think he is, definitely a chance it would have been chalked off but we'll never know.

Admittedly I've only seen the angle and line used on MOTD which was emphasising Sterling's position but Phil did look off in that frame.

every time i watch him ref any match he blows up and stops play more than any other ref! i am convinced its due to his lack of fitness and is clearly not in any condition to referee top level football!

Well I've just watched it and I don't think he is, definitely a chance it would have been chalked off but we'll never know.

Admittedly I've only seen the angle and line used on MOTD which was emphasising Sterling's position but Phil did look off in that frame.

But that wasn't the shot from Foden.
Not the best angle but I think the Southampton player in the middle plays him on for the initial shot, Phil was watching the line and bending his run in behind, if he had put the rebound in it would probably have been ok.

943FF1EB-53CF-4C98-9B09-B96B64981793.jpeg

But that wasn't the shot from Foden.
Not the best angle but I think the Southampton player in the middle plays him on for the initial shot, Phil was watching the line and bending his run in behind, if he had put the rebound in it would probably have been ok.

View attachment 26552
That's a better shot, bloody hell Phil should've buried it first time.

Thought Moss did a good job in a tricky atmosphere yesterday. I say this through gritted teeth because I hate the way he referees games with a smug attitude.

But did anyone find it odd that both linos kept their flags down for the first 70 mins, even when free kicks were given, only to then start flagging for absolutely everything?

Strange game all round yesterday.

It was very noticeable how the linesman took their lead from Moss.

The way VAR works is they check the situation in order so they must have determined that Phil was onside as the decision to disallow was "Sterling offside" if it had been Phil they wouldn't have bothered to check the next phases This is the reason that they take so long because they look at each phase

Thought Moss did a good job in a tricky atmosphere yesterday. I say this through gritted teeth because I hate the way he referees games with a smug attitude.

But did anyone find it odd that both linos kept their flags down for the first 70 mins, even when free kicks were given, only to then start flagging for absolutely everything?

Strange game all round yesterday.
Tricky atmosphere? If that was tricky what would would describe a full bloodied derby? Moss is an experienced ref with many seasons under his belt he shouldn't be influenced by a normal PL atmosphere
The linos were poor particularly the one on the Colin Bell stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.