Ref Watch

In my opinion it was a yellow not a red (I can see the argument for a red, but not for me). However having given a red not sure how it was a clear and obvious error so I'm not sure why he got sent by VAR to review it - it's a subjective decision.

Also has any ref made a decision been sent to look at the TV and stuck by his decision? If not then it would appear that the VAR decision is final not the Refs.

In my opinion it was a yellow not a red (I can see the argument for a red, but not for me). However having given a red not sure how it was a clear and obvious error so I'm not sure why he got sent by VAR to review it - it's a subjective decision.

Also has any ref made a decision been sent to look at the TV and stuck by his decision? If not then it would appear that the VAR decision is final not the Refs.
Think I only remember it happening once in the Premier League. Can't recall who but it was fairly early into the process after VAR had been introduced. When you think about it, it's not really that surprising. A refereee has a split second to make a judgement call from one angle whereas someone who has multiple camera's he can check should come to a more informed judgement.

I was surprised when Cancelo got booked for us. Thought the law had changed now about bookings after playing advantage. Unless it's a particularly bad foul aren't ref's not supposed to go back and book players now?
The only change is "If the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned". Cancelo stood on the opponent's foot, but it was a bit of a soft YC, making up for the earlier hack on KDB.

It’s a yellow card by the letter of the law.

There was no excessive force. It was a little tap on the side of the leg by the outside of Tripper’s toes/foot. I thought the Bruno foul on de Bruyne in the first half was worse, there was more force in it, and that too was just a booking as the force wasn’t excessive.

While it was a snidely, cynical, cheating (we were on the attack looking for a winner and that Bury wanker didn’t fancy chasing de Bruyne) foul, the right decision was come to and it is good for the game that it was.

When there is a real injustice we should be up in arms about it, but this wasn’t one.

The amount of times I’ve seen the words “out of control” and “off the floor” over the last few days shows how much everyone listens to pundits despite saying they can’t be doing with them and they all chat shit all the time. Those words are not in the laws of the game. Read the laws and stop listening to the pundits.
You keep repeating "It's not in the laws" but any qualified referee gets training in what constitutes "serious foul play", and whether the offender has any control once airborne is clearly a factor. To quote Mike Dean nine years ago: ""The message is that if you commit to a tackle that is at speed and with intensity, typically with both feet off the ground, then you put yourself at risk of being sent off." (After Vinnie got a red card v Watford for this - which was rescinded by a FA panel:)

1661364591148.png

He wasn't that close to the Watford player...

Still not holding out for another apology from Dean in his newspaper column tomorrow.

Not sure there can be any complaints today. We were fortunate that the third goal was disallowed and de Bruyne and Haaland could easily have been cautioned.

Not sure there can be any complaints today. We were fortunate that the third goal was disallowed and de Bruyne and Haaland could easily have been cautioned.

Going off what I saw on Twitter (I know) he got that decision right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.