Ref Watch

Where in Law 12 does it say this, because I'm struggling to find it?

You won’t because it’s not part of the laws of the game. It’s advice/ instruction not a point of law.

If City were threatening the goal, I’d guess he would probably have used some common sense and let it go a few seconds to see what occurred. But the ball was a few feet from the touchline, not far into the Liverpool half, with just about all Liverpool players behind the ball. So this “stopping a City attack” is pushing it a bit anyway.

Could you show where it says that ?

I will try and find it. I had a copy of the info sent out to referees a couple of years ago, that they get sent at the start of every season, telling them of law changes and any changes in how they were expected to interpret them. It wasn’t specific to sending managers off. Just issuing straight red cards in general.

View attachment 58401
How was this not seen?
I’m not convinced one way or the other going off what I’ve seen in real time, but it’s hard to see how that hasn’t touched his arm. Like the Haaland shirt tug I’m sure if it was slowed down & shown from different angles it could look more definitive, there’s shadows on the pitch from the players but none on the ball which suggests close contact

You won’t because it’s not part of the laws of the game. It’s advice/ instruction not a point of law.

If City were threatening the goal, I’d guess he would probably have used some common sense and let it go a few seconds to see what occurred. But the ball was a few feet from the touchline, not far into the Liverpool half, with just about all Liverpool players behind the ball. So this “stopping a City attack” is pushing it a bit anyway.
The advice to referees isn't allowed to change how they apply the written LOTG. They are intended as guidelines for how to deal with certain situations.

The LOTG clearly says you can apply an advantage and then go back and punish a red card offence when the ball is next out of play. This is what should have happened yesterday, and the clarifying guidelines do not change this.

You could sense the bewilderment when Taylor stopped play for no apparent reason, then ran over to flash the red card at Klopp. It should not have happened. I doubt if anyone will be putting the question to Taylor, or Walton, or Gallagher though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.