Ref Watch

If this indeed is the case then it is yet another 'rule' that can be applied SUBJECTIVELY with ZERO accountability.

Not really. As I said, it wasn’t talking specifically about managers. More players. Common sense really. If you’re allowing play to continue pending a red card, you’re effectively allowing a player who shouldn’t be on the pitch to continue taking part in the game.

Not really. As I said, it wasn’t talking specifically about managers. More players. Common sense really. If you’re allowing play to continue pending a red card, you’re effectively allowing a player who shouldn’t be on the pitch to continue taking part in the game.

Yes, but only momentarily, in order to allow a promising attack to continue. The LOTG specifically says advantage should be applied if there is a goal scoring opportunity, which there was yesterday.

Last edited:
So none of the instances where LFC got away with blatantly wrong refereeing decisions are not relevant to a discussion about LFC getting away with blatantly wrong refereeing decisions?

Got it.
What does it add to the conversation? The debate is moot as the case is closed for everyone.

Yes, but only momentarily, in order to allow a promising attack to continue. The LOTG specifically says advantage should be applied it there is a goal scoring opportunity, which there was yesterday.
That’s a little OTT, there wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity, we’d just moved towards the touchline in their final third with defenders in situ.

The advice to referees isn't allowed to change how they apply the written LOTG. They are intended as guidelines for how to deal with certain situations.

The LOTG clearly says you can apply an advantage and then go back and punish a red card offence when the ball is next out of play. This is what should have happened yesterday, and the clarifying guidelines do not change this.

You could sense the bewilderment when Taylor stopped play for no apparent reason, then ran over to flash the red card at Klopp. It should not have happened. I doubt if anyone will be putting the question to Taylor, or Walton, or Gallagher though.

The part of the law somebody has re-produced above seems a bit contradictory though. Anyway, I doubt any of it was written with this specific situation in mind. I’m not sure it’s unique but it’s highly unusual for a. manager to commit a red card offence whilst play is going on. I doubt there’s any law that specifically deals with it.

Because referees are instructed to never allow play to go on and go back to issue a red card. They’re told it must be issued as soon as they’re aware a red card offence has been committed.
Incorrect Stephen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.