Ref Watch

I think it will be the severity of what Klopp has said and the assistant’s reaction more than a mistake by Taylor.

A flash point off the ball tends to stop play whenever they happen, red card or not.
Again, on the pitch. There is very little precedent (or reason, as it contravenes the spirit of the laws of the game) to disadvantage one team by stopping play to send off the manager of the other team, especially when the ball is far from a neutral state.

It was a mistake, however you look at it.

Again, on the pitch. There is very little precedent (or reason, as it contravenes the spirit of the laws of the game) to disadvantage one team by stopping play to send off the manager of the other team, especially when the ball is far from a neutral state.

It was a mistake, however you look at it.
Ok mate, you know best.

Taylor not only screwed up by stopping the game to card Klipperty but he also screwed up the restart as it should have been an indirect free kick to us at the nearest point on the pitch to where the offence took place. Managers are normally carded as they are moaning like hell after a bad foul or poor reffing decision when there is a natural break in play. Not seen a ref stop play like Taylor did. Mind you up until the Copenhagen game I had never seen a ref stop play to check the monitor.

Not sure if I'm correct, but thought that once a red card had been issued, you should not enter the field of play again, even after the final whistle. Why was klippety on the pitch after the game

Not sure if I'm correct, but thought that once a red card had been issued, you should not enter the field of play again, even after the final whistle. Why was klippety on the pitch after the game
so he could be seen fist pumping his chest it's the only reason the crowd stay to the end

The part of the law somebody has re-produced above seems a bit contradictory though. Anyway, I doubt any of it was written with this specific situation in mind. I’m not sure it’s unique but it’s highly unusual for a. manager to commit a red card offence whilst play is going on. I doubt there’s any law that specifically deals with it.
I posted the relevant section of Law 12 above. It is freely available and there is even an app for it for smart phone users. It covers indiscipline by officials, and you're right, it doesn't mention every single scenario. That would be impossible.

But the general thrust for players is that play continues except for serious foul play or violent conduct, and even then, advantage can apply.

It's a given that play should not stop for stuff that happens amongst officials, and as far as we know, Klopp's misdemeanor was a verbal one, not a physical one.

Taylor has a bit of a history of making wrong decisions in high profile matches involving City, and I'm struggling to recall one that went in our favour. Remember him sending Delph off for serious foul play on a very wet pitch at Wigan? Shame he couldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt he allowed Tiago yesterday for his challenge, which was kind of out of control and with multiple feet.

Neither is there an example of stopping play to issue a red card to an official because of something he (or she) has said.
I bet there are loads involving Mourinho, Wenger etc.

Far more likely than a red card challenge on the field, where the play always stops, whether it’s in the laws of the game or not.

Maybe so, but playing on and returning to a red card never happens, whether it is in the laws of the game or not.
It's in the LOTG, so it should happen. It's Taylor's job to know the LOTG, and there are only seventeen of them.

Anyway, here are two examples of it happening - both in the same game, both for the same team, both in the same phase of play.

Taylor not only screwed up by stopping the game to card Klipperty but he also screwed up the restart as it should have been an indirect free kick to us at the nearest point on the pitch to where the offence took place. Managers are normally carded as they are moaning like hell after a bad foul or poor reffing decision when there is a natural break in play. Not seen a ref stop play like Taylor did. Mind you up until the Copenhagen game I had never seen a ref stop play to check the monitor.
Would have thought a drop ball would be the appropriate restart (if we still have them in the laws).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.