Ref Watch

Reinstating Maddley tells you exactly where refereeing standards are at in this country.
Having seen first hand the abuse that refs are getting at Saturday/Sunday league football there isn't going to be any new refs coming up the ranks anytime soon. Its going to be a major issue in the future whereby there will be simply be no one to fill the roles.

Having seen first hand the abuse that refs are getting at Saturday/Sunday league football there isn't going to be any new refs coming up the ranks anytime soon. Its going to be a major issue in the future whereby there will be simply be no one to fill the roles.
Yep, a high percentage of the population play football and it’s riddled with tossers.

Something about stepping onto a grass field in shorts and long socks enables people to get away with what they wouldn’t dream of anywhere else.

My eldest is 16, was 15 when he went to the time and expense (£140) of taking the refereeing course. He has now given it up, although he loves football he can’t stand the constant abuse and criticism from grown men and women (parents, grandparents), the kids who are playing and worse of all the coaches. Despite all the warnings it doesn’t improve and he isn’t doing it anymore. I guess we all behave badly towards refs at PL and uefa games but to see it happen to kids week in and week out is disgusting.

My eldest is 16, was 15 when he went to the time and expense (£140) of taking the refereeing course. He has now given it up, although he loves football he can’t stand the constant abuse and criticism from grown men and women (parents, grandparents), the kids who are playing and worse of all the coaches. Despite all the warnings it doesn’t improve and he isn’t doing it anymore. I guess we all behave badly towards refs at PL and uefa games but to see it happen to kids week in and week out is disgusting.
Friend of mine did the course and used to do local games. Told me he hated doing the kids games because of the abuse from family members as you mention above, during and after games. He also said 10 year old lads were scared to make mistakes to let down their dads in certain games. Surprisingly (or maybe not?)he preferred the Sunday morning games between the pub teams, where he said although though they tried to kick the shit out of each other they were a lot more civil at the end of the match!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.