Ref Watch

Defender: I had to play the ball because I didn’t know if the player was onside or offside when the pass was made.

Referee: Well he was offside, both when the pass was initially played and when you played the ball, but none of it counts because you played the ball.

Defender: So if I don’t play the ball the attacker would will be offside?

Referee: Not always, because the linesmen is instructed not to put up his flag so VAR can work out if a player is offside in each phase of play.

Defender: But isn’t the attacker gaining an advantage and affecting play by being offside, regardless of whether I touch the ball intentionally, or the phase of play?

Referee: Not necessarily. You can take an action that allows him to legally gain an advantage from his offside position.

Defender: So how do I know when I should and shouldn’t play a ball (take action) played in to our final third, so as to avoid allowing an attacker to legally gain an advantage?

Referee: Are you familiar with astrology?

Again, not micing up referees allows highly suspect VAR decisions like the one in the Liverpool-Wolves FA Cup.

There is absolutely no public evidence that the linesman was calling the corner taker offside. They could have easily settled on that being the reason to disallow the goal because there was no way to prove or disprove it via VAR because the lack of applicable video frame.

Again, not micing up referees allows highly suspect VAR decisions like the one in the Liverpool-Wolves FA Cup.

There is absolutely no public evidence that the linesman was calling the corner taker offside. They could have easily settled on that being the reason to disallow the goal because there was no way to prove or disprove it via VAR because the lack of applicable video frame.
And that’s why he had to instruct the lino to put up his flag, as he must’ve known about the ‘blind spot’ and that VAR would not be able to rule it offside so the manipulated on-field decision of ‘offside’ would stand.

A bloke leaps into the air and punches the ball away from the attackers head. A clear penalty but not worthy of a booking. 3 City players trip opposition players to break up play. They are booked. A Chelsea defender fouls Foden for a clear penalty but isn't booked. I am still shaking my head as to how we stroll through a match and comfortably win 4 nowt but have 3 players booked to their one.

A bloke leaps into the air and punches the ball away from the attackers head. A clear penalty but not worthy of a booking. 3 City players trip opposition players to break up play. They are booked. A Chelsea defender fouls Foden for a clear penalty but isn't booked. I am still shaking my head as to how we stroll through a match and comfortably win 4 nowt but have 3 players booked to their one.
I thought it was a red for denying a goal scoring opportunity, but what do I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.