Ref Watch

Havertz deliberately stamped on Rodri's foot in the first half and no card. Even the BBC, yes even them, called it. The same guy then deliberately handled the ball in the area to stop a goal scoring opportunity, no card again. Then Foden fouled in the area and still no card.

It’s only a red if the player makes no attempt whatsoever to play the ball, so for example pulling the player back by his shirt. If you make a ‘genuine’ attempt then it’s a yellow which was the case for the Foden penalty. No idea why Havertz wasn’t yellow carded though, maybe in all the VAR nonsense the ref forgot.
A clear yellow you say, well I agree I say. It's just a pity the wanker in the middle says different. We are refereed differently.

A clear yellow you say, well I agree I say. It's just a pity the wanker in the middle says different. We are refereed differently.
Apologies just realised that nobody was booked for the foul on Foden, should have been though as should Havertz for his hand ball, as should Jorginho and Kovacic for their constant moaning as should Azpilicueta for his ridiculous attempts to delay the sesond penalty. Ref in the first half should have booked one of them for constantly questioning every decision and then it doesn't happen for the rest of the game.Same with any time wasting, book the player early doors then nobody else takes the piss. The ref, considering it wasn't a particularly hard game to ref was piss poor.

Defender: I had to play the ball because I didn’t know if the player was onside or offside when the pass was made.

Referee: Well he was offside, both when the pass was initially played and when you played the ball, but none of it counts because you played the ball.

Defender: So if I don’t play the ball the attacker would will be offside?

Referee: Not always, because the linesmen is instructed not to put up his flag so VAR can work out if a player is offside in each phase of play.

Defender: But isn’t the attacker gaining an advantage and affecting play by being offside, regardless of whether I touch the ball intentionally, or the phase of play?

Referee: Not necessarily. You can take an action that allows him to legally gain an advantage from his offside position.

Defender: So how do I know when I should and shouldn’t play a ball (take action) played in to our final third, so as to avoid allowing an attacker to legally gain an advantage?

Referee: Are you familiar with astrology?
Brilliant assessment. forward it to Sky for their ref watch session later on.

So Dendonker gets a red when his foul started outside the area and other Villa players covering back in defence.

The Chelsea player doesn’t even get a yellow, and he was the last man.

There is no consistency at all and PGMOL have nobody to regulate them, they just make it up as they go along.
Yup. ZERO accountability. In fact, the closest thing we get to accountability is Gallagher and Walton trawled out on Sky/BT to justify their crap decisions after the games. Nobody ever calls them out.

Havertz deliberately stamped on Rodri's foot in the first half and no card. Even the BBC, yes even them, called it. The same guy then deliberately handled the ball in the area to stop a goal scoring opportunity, no card again. Then Foden fouled in the area and still no card.
Classic game management from the ref we normally get players booked for first foul other teams 3,4,5 fouls before a booking is considered,which depending on how game is going can have an effect on the outcome..

He wasn’t bad but yet again, it’s a City player who gets the card, often for the first offence whilst the opposition gets away with similar if not worse.

Cancelo aside, the other 2 yellows where a joke when you saw what Chelsea got away with.
Rodder's was getting kicked all over the place, from the moment he got deliberately stamped on to the moment he got subbed off. The ref gave nothing, but the moment he took matters into his own hands and gave it back the ref couldn't wait to get his card out.

Cancelo was just a late challenge. Nothing malicious or dangerous, just late. Same with Bernie; in the context of the game it was bullshit. What Gallagher EVENTUALLY got carded for was way worse, but if we're saying that Bernardo's challenge was worthy of a card Gallagher should have had at least three, and two or three other players should have been booked for them also.

He wasn’t bad but yet again, it’s a City player who gets the card, often for the first offence whilst the opposition gets away with similar if not worse.

Cancelo aside, the other 2 yellows where a joke when you saw what Chelsea got away with.
This is exactly the situation. Teams commit many fouls (often bad ones) against us during the first 15 minutes which refs let go “to keep the game flowing”. Then we commit a fairly innocuous challenge & the ref makes it look as if he’s being strong ie “enough is enough” & our player gets booked.

Can anybody explain to me why Dendonker got a red card?
Seriously?

Pulling a shirt and foul as the player is pretty much through on goal

Possibly 2 yellow card offences but totally denying a goal scoring opportunity with a foul

Have I been clarkied here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.