Ref Watch

Just seen Gakpo for Liverpool have shot blocked and the ball has gone to Trent who was standing in an offside position but let the ball go off for a throw in without touching it or attempting to touch it. Linesman put his flag up and ref blew his whistle. So inconsistent. Can't make it up really.

The linesman did flag for offside - from what I can gather the refereee overruled it (not VAR).
Interesting…..I haven’t read the entire thread but did it go to var? I thought the ref over ruled the Lino, thus rendering var nowhere to go

Just been on the BBC HYS and the majority, including United and Arsenal, agree that it was offside. They‘ll take it though, of course.

I couldn’t disagree more.

The moment Rashford goes towards the ball he is impacting the decision making of our defenders and goalkeeper. I mean his run gets him within 30 cm of the ball, he practically shields it towards Fernandes.

How a linesman doesn’t flag for a player who is three yards offside running towards the ball is beyond me.
Absolutely agree that he impacts the decision making.....said it countless times....but thats not in the rules...the rule(s) is about physically trying to play the ball (or actually playing it) - which rashford doesnt...nor does he impede anyone physically...both defenders could have made a tackle (and if you look at the rules if the defender had tried to takcle Rasford and fouled him...it would have been given offside (if Fernandes hadnt scored) as the offside had occured first...if fernardes scores its still a goal (s long as Rasford doesnt touch the ball at any point0

The linesman did flag offside...the ref changed the decision

Irrelevant? Wave goodbye to your credibility. Some people confuse playing Devils Advocate with a being a ****. You’re not the first.
Irrelevant as your point cant be proved...you stated that if we scored it it would have been disallowed.....you cannot prove that just like I cannot prove it would have stood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.