Ref Watch

Like I say, if you are going to cheat, make it look like a good mistake, so you can brush it under the carpet and not look like fools, NOBODY can come out and say it was not offside ? NOBODY can defend the match officials and referee for cheating, WHY was VAR not used, WHY did the linesman flag after the goal was score
Both ref and lino should be banned for life

Also an ex city player.. who Ive seen disagree/challenge others opinions

I thikn it should be given offside as Rashford in my mind is interferring with play (Ive said this all along) BUT the laws say he isnt...the laws as far as Im concerned are wrong.

The laws do not say he isn't, they are sufficiently vague to allow interpretation . Unfortunately (allegedly) VAR could not get involved as it was a subjective decision.

Equally unfortunately it would appear, bearing in mind the lino flagged, that only Twatwell (how he ever got another game after the ghost goal), rag fans and YOU, think he was onside!

you are not offside until you touch it unless you are intefeering with the players ability to play the ball -which he isnt

loads of times players run towards the ball and then stop to let their own player take over who wasnt offside ....rashofrd ran next to/with the ball but never once played it/touched it

I agree with everything you are saying...the rules dont

bollocks ? have you seen the Liverpool vs brighton game and TTA given offside

Dont the highlighted bits imply physicality?
Nope
Does Rashfords position interfere with Akanji’s the movement towards the ball? Absolutely as Akanji can’t run through him, he would have to run around him

Take a look at the photo, take Rashford out of the picture. If Akanji can run in a straight line to the ball, wouldn’t you agree he comfortably beats Fernandes to the ball? If you do, Rashford has interfered with Akanji’s movement

Exactly the same thing applies to Ederson not coming out of his goal. Rashford’s position & the fact that the ball is under control at his feet interferes with Ederson’s movement

Take Rashford out of the pic & does Ederson or Fernandes get to the ball first? If it’s Ederson, Rashford has interfered with Ederson’s movement.

Plus Ederson’s movement is to cover a shot from Rashford, which again is interfering with Ederson’s movement

There is zero mention of physically impeding anyone in LotG. You’ve read something which isn’t there

Hence I think you’ve completely misinterpreted the law my friend & why you’re pretty much the only one with this opinion

EEA6FE67-0B8A-4A0E-B517-70FCBF6F255A.jpeg

you are not offside until you touch it unless you are intefeering with the players ability to play the ball -which he isnt

loads of times players run towards the ball and then stop to let their own player take over who wasnt offside ....rashofrd ran next to/with the ball but never once played it/touched it

Incorrect. From the FA law
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Rashford being in the direct vacinity of the ball impacts Ederson/Akanji/Walkers decision making therefore interfering.

Akanji just said Bruno Fernandes literally shouted at Rashford to leave it. Why is he doing that is Rashford is not interfering with play?!?! The whole thing is a total nonsense

Last edited:
I didn’t mean on here. I clearly meant in/on the media. If we’d scored that goal to get back in the game I am pretty sure it would be big media news, the fact that scored it means the media will ignore it, in my humble opinion
Not enough will be made of it,for sure.We just wouldn’t have got near to scoring that goal,as the flag would’ve been raised straight away.That’s another ‘subtle’ difference!

so dancing his feet around the ball is not interfering ? he even went to shoot ? what are you not seeing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.