Ref Watch

Past the anger phase now, it's more just disappointment that we can have such shit officiating.

For me, this is a prime example of why the referee and VAR official should me mic'd up (as in Rugby, Cricket etc). There is simply no way that goal is given if Atwell speaks to VAR and says "we've got offside on the pitch as it looks as though Rashford is interfering with play. Is he?"

I know (or at least think) they didn't bother with VAR on this one, but if you're getting audible validation or contradiction that all the fans can hear, it would take the subjectivity out of it.

Actually, I am still angry.

From all the clips we've seen, virtually everyone thinks this is offside - even those with United connections. The only ones left standing with Attwell are referees who are still on the gravy train.

All the former professional footballers explain why in their experience, they think Rashford impacted on the actions of Akanji, Walker and Ederson. Gallagher, Walton and the squirming Foy think that none of those players were affected in any way by Rashford's movement.

The PGMOL brigade are closing ranks to protect their own. The referees think they are the most important thing in football.
So Rashford was 260 miles offside according to Foy, especially has he was shooting at Allison, who probably was still in the dressing room, what chance have we got with that thick monkey eared cnut.

Past the anger phase now, it's more just disappointment that we can have such shit officiating.

For me, this is a prime example of why the referee and VAR official should me mic'd up (as in Rugby, Cricket etc). There is simply no way that goal is given if Atwell speaks to VAR and says "we've got offside on the pitch as it looks as though Rashford is interfering with play. Is he?"

I know (or at least think) they didn't bother with VAR on this one, but if you're getting audible validation or contradiction that all the fans can hear, it would take the subjectivity out of it.

Imagine they were Mic’d up Attwell goes to the lines man and say did Rashford touch the ball linesman no was Fernandas offside lineman says no Attwell whistles for a goal they can say what what they want to make a decision will make no difference

Imagine they were Mic’d up Attwell goes to the lines man and say did Rashford touch the ball linesman no was Fernandas offside lineman says no Attwell whistles for a goal they can say what what they want to make a decision will make no difference

In my imaginary scenario, the conversation would've been like the one with 3rd umpire or TMO in rugby union, where they explain what they're looking for. So in this case, VAR would be saying words to the effect of 'we're checking if Rashford's involvement impacted Akanji/Ederson's ability to play the ball'. I'm not saying it would 100% guarantee the right outcome, but it would provide accountability to apply the letter of the law as closely as possible, which in this case just didn't happen.

I'm still raging.

It is such an obviously BENT decision, and NOBODY is prepared to call them out. This is the ABSOLUTE power that the PL/PGMOL have over the teams and the TV companies.

If this is what Scudamore envisaged when he alluded to his 'strategic plan' he couldn't have executed it any better if he'd tried.

In my imaginary scenario, the conversation would've been like the one with 3rd umpire or TMO in rugby union, where they explain what they're looking for. So in this case, VAR would be saying words to the effect of 'we're checking if Rashford's involvement impacted Akanji/Ederson's ability to play the ball'. I'm not saying it would 100% guarantee the right outcome, but it would provide accountability to apply the letter of the law as closely as possible, which in this case just didn't happen.

But if you listen to Gallagher he said Akanji was not interfering with Rashford! At least swp said to him maybe Because he was a yard offside is why he wasn’t interfering with him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.