Ref Watch

This isnt correct, to give the linesman some slack. Foden’s was wide and not leading immediatly to a goal scoring opportunity. Rashfords potentially was. Thats the difference and they are instructed to behave this way in those incidents. We may not like it but that is how they are told to behave. The lino did exactly as he is suppose too. The ref however….
Surely that is just when the linesman isn't sure the attacker is offside. If they are sure, they are to put the flag up no? That is the "protocol" I think. In this case he was clearly offside from the get go.

But if you listen to Gallagher he said Akanji was not interfering with Rashford! At least swp said to him maybe Because he was a yard offside is why he wasn’t interfering with him!
I'm sure there would still be wrong decisions, but if they're explaining why they're giving them, at least we'd know for sure that they're bent!

Imagine they were Mic’d up Attwell goes to the lines man and say did Rashford touch the ball linesman no was Fernandas offside lineman says no Attwell whistles for a goal they can say what what they want to make a decision will make no difference

But then it would be clear they didn't consider all the possibilities for being active. So it would be a mistake.

Past the anger phase now, it's more just disappointment that we can have such shit officiating.

For me, this is a prime example of why the referee and VAR official should me mic'd up (as in Rugby, Cricket etc). There is simply no way that goal is given if Atwell speaks to VAR and says "we've got offside on the pitch as it looks as though Rashford is interfering with play. Is he?"

I know (or at least think) they didn't bother with VAR on this one, but if you're getting audible validation or contradiction that all the fans can hear, it would take the subjectivity out of it.

Actually, I am still angry.
I envy you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.