Ref Watch

Definite penalty with the foul on Grealish. Why on earth didn't VAR ask the ref to go and look at the monitor at least? I hope City are recording these incidents and sending them to Web asking for an explanation? These also need to be shown on the big screen at the match. There needs to explanations and transparency.
According to Dermot Gallagher the reason it wasn't given is because Coote didn't give the foul in the first place and when VAR reviewed it they decided it didn't reach the clear and obvious threshold to overturn the decision so no penalty.

Definite penalty with the foul on Grealish. Why on earth didn't VAR ask the ref to go and look at the monitor at least? I hope City are recording these incidents and sending them to Web asking for an explanation? These also need to be shown on the big screen at the match. There needs to explanations and transparency.

The explanation is that the VARs were instructed to take into account exaggerated falls not consistent with the contact when deciding if a clear and obvious mistake had been made.

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m not asking that you agree with it. Or necessarily agreeing with it myself.

Amazing how when City scored at Anfield VAR got the forensics team out, and found an offence way back in the move, yet now anything allegedly goes, the whole thing is open to corruption, how can Webb change the parameters mid season?
It just beggars belief that the PL/PiGMOL can just change the way the rules are interpreted/the way VAR is utilised mid-way through competition. There are teams that will have been disadvantaged by the previous system that wouldn't have been under the new system, and vice versa. It is BLATANTLY unfair.

It just beggars belief that the PL/PiGMOL can just change the way the rules are interpreted/the way VAR is utilised mid-way through the match depending on the club crest. There are teams that will have been disadvantaged by the previous system that wouldn't have been under the new system, and vice versa. It is BLATANTLY unfair.

Edited for you

According to Dermot Gallagher the reason it wasn't given is because Coote didn't give the foul in the first place and when VAR reviewed it they decided it didn't reach the clear and obvious threshold to overturn the decision so no penalty.
Yet everyone else not connected with City after the event seemed to think it did.?

When they want to give a decision they do, lwhen they don't they won't.

Mark Halsey reported corruption. Where did his accusations go?
Cheers mate.

The Halsey accusations are new to me - I've read a few articles about his accusations because of your post. For the most part - it seems that his accusations are that FA management has pressured refs to toe the line - to not object - and I guess to call more fouls (for whatever reason).

This sort of management misbehavior is extremely undesirable and if Halsey is to be believed - FA management should be fired.

On the other hand - corruption in terms of throwing matches in favor of one team or another - did Halsey make such claims? I can't find anything along these lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.