Ref Watch

Check back in 4 years. Either you are right or I am.

I base my predictions as a software engineering professional with a keen interest in AI and by following AI developments. I might well be wrong in projecting a 4-year timeframe for the improvements I state - but I think I'm in the ball park. Within an order of magnitude (meaning maybe 10 years instead of 4).

Eventually what I've predicted will come to pass - it's inevitable - the question is when? - how soon? And not at all if.
I'm not sure we need to wait 4-10 years to see whether Rashford was 3 yards offside in the derby, or that Grealish was kicked on the leg on Sunday, or that Gundo was assaulted.
The VAR we have at the minute is A not AI.

Check back in 4 years. Either you are right or I am.

I base my predictions as a software engineering professional with a keen interest in AI and by following AI developments. I might well be wrong in projecting a 4-year timeframe for the improvements I state - but I think I'm in the ball park. Within an order of magnitude (meaning maybe 10 years instead of 4).

Eventually what I've predicted will come to pass - it's inevitable - the question is when? - how soon? And not at all if.
Yeah after seeing the WC with auto-offside I can see the benfit in taking humans out of the decision making process. People are much more willing to accept a computer 'error' than a human error of judgement.

I can see them going that direction but I cant see how they'll do it yet.

I'm not sure we need to wait 4-10 years to see whether Rashford was 3 yards offside in the derby, or that Grealish was kicked on the leg on Sunday, or that Gundo was assaulted.
The VAR we have at the minute is A not AI.
It should be VER not VAR - Varied Execrable Refereeing. We had seen so much, had little explained, much fudged that with only a gramme or two of logic a moron would be wondering WTF is going on!

It should be VER not VAR - Varied Execrable Refereeing. We had seen so much, had little explained, much fudged that with only a gramme or two of logic a moron would be wondering WTF is going on!

I think you need to listen to the new expert on this and be glad that there are only another 4 years of City being cheated by PiGMOL and their lackies .

Personally I am so thrilled, no absolutely fucking ecstatic at this news !

PiGMOL are being disbanded and accepting technology - who'd have ever thought it possible ?

GENUINE QUESTION
Referees in general, including yesterdays, and specifically Twatwell, (could name numerous others, but can't leave out Walton) , are they.................

a) corrupt/ bent / cheats
b) incompetent
c) publicity seeking individuals, who want to be the centre of attention.

I HONESTLY cant think of anything else, that could possibly explain the shitstorm that we are currently experiencing.
b) A billion dollar industry and millions at stake at every match , why would you want to hire an incompetent employee instead of top of the crop?
c) same as above .

Last edited:
I'm thinking more of points we've lost because of the officiating.
Rags 3pts, dippers 3 points, Brentford 3 points, Everton 2pts, Villa 2pts = 13 points
We'd currently be 8 points clear as per last year, so there's no way they were going to make that mistake again were they.
It's systematic manipulation of results to enable the PL's desired outcome to keep the competition 'interesting' and the cash rolling in.

Remember Scudamore's comments when he alluded the the PL's 'Strategic plan', and his comments on the Rag's (below)?

"It's a double-edged sword. When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.", "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again..."

He essentially let the cat out of the bag without actually coming out and admitting they were cheating.

Yeah after seeing the WC with auto-offside I can see the benfit in taking humans out of the decision making process. People are much more willing to accept a computer 'error' than a human error of judgement.

I can see them going that direction but I cant see how they'll do it yet.
Computers are only as good as the people that programme them. I am sure they will use individuals that don't have any allegiance to any of the red top teams.

It's systematic manipulation of results to enable the PL's desired outcome to keep the competition 'interesting' and the cash rolling in.

Remember Scudamore's comments when he alluded the the PL's 'Strategic plan', and his comments on the Rag's (below)?

"It's a double-edged sword. When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.", "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again..."

He essentially let the cat out of the bag without actually coming out and admitting they were cheating.

Honestly, var and specific individual decisions are just the backup plan. The main plan is just letting opposition players be physical without carding them and giving us 'advantages' in poor positions with players on the floor. The handling of our games is shaped to give the opposition as much chance of an upset as they can without having to resort to obvious poor decisions.

This doesn't mean that we don't get bad decisions though, or also that we won't get some in our favour. They don't want to be too obvious now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.