Ref Watch

I’m very pro VAR, on the whole I like having the safety net. Last night was the perfect situation and should have been an easy win for VAR. An incompetent referee can’t spot a blatant penalty, VAR checks it, corrects the mistake, awards the penalty, job done. Then I come on here singing VARs praises and it’s critics are silenced for a while. So what the hell happened? There’s not a chance a qualified referee sees them pictures and doesn’t award a penalty. I smell a rat.
A good argument in fact for NOT being pro var.
Until there is a time when it can work without any human influence, it will always be open to, mistakes, bias and outright cheating.

Three penalty calls. Kev pushed off the ball early on, more blatant than the one Southampton got. Maybe 4 as Dias felt he was held on one cross.
Think it was Laporte who felt he was held. Look on his face was as if to say that was a penalty earlier why not now. The interesting one with KDB is that commentators were basically saying it wasn't a foul and KDB was out muscled, it was just a normal challenge, no foul etc which is why it wasn't a penalty. I still can't see a pull back by Laporte, an arm across the Southampton player definitely in the same way it went across KDB. Why was there no replay from behind the goal so we could see the action of his arm. We had the same view as the ref so I am struggling to see how he could see it was a penalty. To me he just put an arm across him in the act of clearing the ball but maybe I am wrong. Certainly if it was a soft penalty for them then in the same way it should have been a soft one for us. The one on Foden was as stonewall as they come, not even up for debate.

Not if it's in the penalty area. It hasn't been a red card for three years.
Only if it's a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Luiz got a straight red and penalty for us against Arsenal

When did the refereeing association becoming a racket. It's protectionism at it's worst. An "elite" group of referees looking after each other/getting looked after.

I seem to remember refs could get demoted for fucking up in games and sent to the second division, and there'd be regularly fresh faces on the scene - seems now all that's there are the same old, tired faces for the last decade or so, making the same fucking mistakes and still there doing big games.

They need proper accountability by a proper independent board or association.

Brazil calling for refs and VAR officials to be punished, and infact he said Madley should be sent for an eye test.
Dont be fooled by Brazil and his other cronies at Talksport ...they only covered it this morning because the call went against us .If they really meant this faux anguish they would be or should be calling out the decisions that favour both Red Sh1te clubs .
Only one decent and honest pundit on there ...Ally McCoist....they will soon have him toeing the party line

Three penalty calls. Kev pushed off the ball early on, more blatant than the one Southampton got. Maybe 4 as Dias felt he was held on one cross.

Can you imagine if those were given week in week out? I’d stop watching I think.

I’m still seething about that one given to the scum in the FA cup must be about 25 years ago now...the one when the ball was about 15ft in the air and Frontzeck was adjudged to have held one of them down “preventing” them heading it in ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.