Ref Watch

I’ve watched this clip for countless time zoomed in and I still can’t see any touch from his studs. His studs was no where near the ball or fodens foot . Pause at :03 second clip . when foden touched the ball , keeper foot is more then 6 inches away . The only deviation is after foden touch and hits a lump of grass.

You've got to look closer at the spin on the ball than for a foot making contact with it. As stated previously it's a touch that's so fine McCarthy wouldn't have even felt it himself but you can bet he felt his foot go into Foden's.

You've got to look closer at the spin on the ball than for a foot making contact with it. As stated previously it's a touch that's so fine McCarthy wouldn't have even felt it himself but you can bet he felt his foot go into Foden's.

Christ!
Give it up.
It was a foul.
End of.

after your post with the twitter vids on(are they even called that) i watched both over and over again, i dont see any change in direction, all i can see it the keepers studs slide into fodens foot, even if he did get a slight touch on the ball then it is still a penalty for following through surely, anyway, we all have our own opinions, luckily it didn't affect the result and i hope your hangover wasnt too severe :)

Haha. I've not touched a drop of alcohol in my 59 years.

I only put the vids up because a previous poster was also of the opinion that their goalkeeper got a slight touch on the ball. I would say that the sequence was Foden kicks the ball forward, Macarthy kicks Foden, and fractionally after that, he touches the ball. The timing of all three would be about one tenth of a second, and the touch on the ball is almost imperceptible.

It is just a matter of opinion though. Whilst not everyone's eyes are as sharp as mine and @Coljj's at least we can all agree it was a penalty.

He can’t, because he didn’t. Foden nicked the ball, not McCarthy.
I can't believe people can't see that Macarthy got a touch on the ball. Look at those two clips again, and look only at the ball. You can clearly see the ball take a slight change in direction after Foden kicks it forward. It is as plain as day. In the clip from behind, you can see the ball ultimately goes at a tangent to the direction Foden kicks it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.