Refereeing decisions...

Interesting how Halsey has apologised after missing that tackle, not something refs usually do. Is it right that they should apologise? If so, why do some do it and other do not? I couldn't imagine the likes of Webb saying 'Sorry Bobby Manc, should have sent that lad off for that I guess but you know how these things are. Sorry you lost the match anyway, but I'm sure it will all work out and you'll be able to handle the extra pressure on your job now...'

Though this is completely unrelated to our performance, as already highlighted in this thread. We have enough of a battle on to keep second, to be quite frank. This is an age-old issue of FA and referreeing showing a lack of consistency and clarity, covering for one another and not holding their hands up and striving to improve for fear of consequences.

Ultimately getting on referees backs means you'll get nowt.
City, even with the worst available XI are more than capable of playing the game around the referee.

Tom_mcfc said:
Soundling like rags if you complain about todays ref. He was poor for both team. Everton had a goal wrongly chalked off, could of had a pen and for me Piennar was unlucky to get a red.

Think Pienaar's red was clear as day.

Refereeing is just an excuse though, we were poor.

acton28 said:
City, even with the worst available XI are more than capable of playing the game around the referee.
Don't know. Not heard a crowd baying for a refs blood like the Everton fans were for ages, they were seething. Had the ref had a beef about that he would have given the penalty. As it goes he thought it was outside the box so he gave a freekick.
He and his officials were shit all game though, for both teams. Many games this weekend have had shit refs, which I found odd. So many controversial decisions given or not given. I said on another thread, it's time to get this lot out and bring in some new blood.

Pigeonho said:
acton28 said:
Don't know. Not heard a crowd baying for a refs blood like the Everton fans were for ages, they were seething. Had the ref had a beef about that he would have given the penalty. As it goes he thought it was outside the box so he gave a freekick.
He and his officials were shit all game though, for both teams. Many games this weekend have had shit refs, which I found odd. So many controversial decisions given or not given. I said on another thread, it's time to get this lot out and bring in some new blood.

they are the most vicious crowd i've seen at a game, i couldn't believe it saturday.

no singing, just whinging.

ban-mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
acton28 said:

they are the most vicious crowd i've seen at a game, i couldn't believe it saturday.

no singing, just whinging.

You don't have to sing - roaring, cheering and clapping was enough - and whistling, of course. I thought their support was f'kin great. Put plenty of pressure on the ref and were as good as an extra man - not that they needed an extra man, the way half of our lot played.

Pigeonho said:
acton28 said:

Maybe so but why would anyone of sound mind want to do it? Any controversial decision (let alone an error) and they've got one set of supporters, one gobshite manager with blinkers, umpteen smart-arse pundits and half the world's press on their case.

With what backing? No technology and a craven FA.

F**k that for a game of soldiers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.