Refereeing decisions...

mancunial said:
Over the years Jim I've seen lots and lots of ridiculous decisions against city from the ball hitting the old type stanchion at the back of the net in the 68 title defence at Liverpool first game of the season whilst winning one nil, yes we lost, to the famous alf grey incident in the league cup semi to the Alan Wilkie gift to united in the fa cup at Trafford Incidently wilkies first game since he sent off cantona at palace, to the Jeff Blockley punch the ball out of the net at arsenal, I could go on I have a long memory when it it it comes to discrepancies from officials I have without doubt come to the conclusion that at least a couple of these were corrupt, so if it makes me cynical and an agenda theorist then yes I am in that bracket.

edited for accuracy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/10/corruption-and-influence-peddling-in-the-english-game/comments/page/2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/ ... ts/page/2/</a>

It'll get your blood boiling. And to think, the country that brings you the Mafia stamped this shit out before we did.

Malcontent said:
mancunial said:
Over the years Jim I've seen lots and lots of ridiculous decisions against city from the ball hitting the old type stanchion at the back of the net in the 68 title defence at Liverpool first game of the season whilst winning one nil, yes we lost, to the famous alf grey incident in the league cup semi to the Alan Wilkie gift to united in the fa cup at Trafford Incidently wilkies first game since he sent off cantona at palace, to the Jeff Blockley punch the ball out of the net at arsenal, I could go on I have a long memory when it it it comes to discrepancies from officials I have without doubt come to the conclusion that at least a couple of these were corrupt, so if it makes me cynical and an agenda theorist then yes I am in that bracket.

edited for accuracy.
Thank you malcontent, I wasn't sure about oleary so you remember that one,

I've come to the conclusion, that if your game is on Sky, then refs are told we need some controversy. Take a look at todays games. I think this weekend has been shit for all of us on Sky. Maybe Sunderland got the best of it.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I've come to the conclusion, that if your game is on Sky, then refs are told we need some controversy. Take a look at todays games. I think this weekend has been shit for all of us on Sky. Maybe Sunderland got the best of it.[/quot

It's been particularly dire this weekend.

La liga doesn't seem to get as much controversy

Hi Grim. Think that's because their refs aren't trying to get centre stage all the time. Most of the Prem refs are of the attitude, im in charge and everyone is here to see me. Most can fuck right off, they are ruining the game for EVERYBODY. I really think it is getting that bad.

That decision yesterday to give a free kick rather than a penalty for Fellaini's handball was shocking - it wasn't even close to being outside the box - he needs a fucking eye test or a ban to stop him earning good money at other people's expense.

In a way im glad the referee didn`t give us a penalty.We should have over powered Everton in that last 30 minutes with 11 against 10.But i do agree we have had some shocking referees this season like Clattenburg!!!!

mancunial said:
Malcontent said:
mancunial said:

edited for accuracy.
Thank you malcontent, I wasn't sure about oleary so you remember that one,

I came across the match programme in the loft the other day. You might like this:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...1lQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jVgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4290,3116788

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.