Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
Kicking things off with the Gillet’s performance in the Community Shield:

I thought he was poor. Let the rags foul Doku with impunity, effectively ignored two leg breaking challenges in the first half, missed some pretty obvious corners for us (especially that Doku shot), and only gave our players yellows (though, Bernie deserved one, as much I was happy to see him putting in the challenge on that **** Garnacho), despite United continually fouling ours to stops counters and repeatedly kicking the ball away after the whistle had gone. Oh, and ignoring Martinez leaving his boot or elbow in on ours in the box.

Not the worst officiating we have had, by any means, but he was still shite.

For anyone who thinks referee’s are completely clean:

Ref admits he purposely avoiding giving clear fouls to Ian Wright because he found him annoying.

I see yellow cards for kicking the ball away are now a thing of the past. Let's see if that's still the case if we do it...

Got that one late on with Ake very wrong, could have been a game changing moment, and thought the booking for Nunes was a little harsh but I guess it follows that silly refereeing rhetoric of things being more critical in the final twenty minutes, do hack away for the whole first half and that's fair game.

Still, have seen much worse and will undoubtedly see the same in the coming weeks. At least VAR kept its nose out for the most part.

I don't think you can particularly.
judge a refs performance in, what is, a glorified friendly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.