Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

And certainly not claims that indicate that the PL referees have the most accurate decision making in the history of human civilisation (that are then somehow improved with the introduction of VAR).

I’ve never really looked into it too deeply because I’m not really that interested.

But when I have seen these stats. I’ve never seen them accompanied by any source or explanation as to how they were reached.

Maybe if I saw an explanation of how they reached them, I’d be a bit more interested. But I doubt it.

Also, even if these figures were accurate, a referee is judged on the big decisions. In most games a referee will probably have between something like 0 & 3 big, game changing decisions to make.

If he’s getting the vast of those right, I’m not overly concerned if he’s giving a few throw ins near the half way line, the wrong way.

Last edited:
I thought he was shite Saturday but then again I think that every week, I dont particularly think many (if any) of them are bent but I do think most of them are pretty poor at their job.

My major gripe Saturday was the penalty we did get the referee blew his whistle, then looked at the linesman, then 3 or 4 seconds later gave a deadball, now ive watched football live for nigh on 35 years and I dont ever remember a referee whistling for a goal kick before

Bar KdB's booking yes but that said, he didn't have much to do.
KDB's booking was an odd one. He made a genuine attempt to win the ball, and made contact with their player. It wasn't deliberate, there was no malice, and it certainly wasn't brutal or forceful, but Olivar couldn't wait to book him for his first offence. I was just before half-time and it definitely effected his game second-half.

Compare and contrast to how he let WHU players get away with multiple similar challenges before being booked. Their foul count to bookings was 10/3. Ours was 3/2.

Can't complain again, fairly consistent, unnoticeable which is always good.

Refs have been solid so far this season.
What is your view on Kdb's booking ? I find even when refs have a good game, he did, we still suffer a crazy decision like that.

What is your view on Kdb's booking ? I find even when refs have a good game, he did, we still suffer a crazy decision like that.
Thought Oliver backed himself into a corner by booking De Bruyne for what was both his first offence and fairly innocuous. Once he’d set that benchmark he then ended up booking 5 players in a match with only 13 fouls and hardly a bad tackle in there.

Caught the trailing leg of Antonio, nowhere near the ball. Antonio might have left his leg there but not shocked to see a booking. It could be deemed cynical trying to stop a break, albeit very far back. I think once you go to ground you leave the referee with a decision to make.

He booked Emerson, Kilman and Rodriguez for similar tackles (cynical nature) if not softer in some cases slightly further up the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.