Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

The amount of niggly fouls from Newcastle he allowed as we kept possession was ridiculous. Played the advantage and allowed them to continue to leave a foot in when in reality if he had blown for a foul and then started booking players I suspect the impact of players such as Joelinton would have been limited. For the 'penalty' I actually thought he was going to book Gordon for diving. Keepers have to be allowed to challenge for the ball and in the old days the forward would have hurdled the keeper and tapped into an empty net. Now they can push the ball wide as Gordon did and basically run into an onrushing keeper and win the penalty. Had he booked Gordon would VAR have overturned the decision?
Can VAR overturn a booking ?
Gordon is a serial offender (he was even worse at Everton), so Eddie should have been more cautious in coming out.
After his booking for the penalty incident, why did he delay his goal-kicking ?
Eddie has been booked before for time-wasting at goal-kicks, so could have been sent off with a second yellow card ?

According to Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch the ref witnessed an optical illusion when viewing jonny spare teeth's red card yesterday.
Have you ever heard so much fuckin tripe in all your life?

You just know this is getting rescinded and you just know if it was one of our players that there would be none of this talk.

A bit unfair, I think. The referee has to make a call before VAR looks at it. He could have called no penalty and then I don't VAR would have overturned it. But with the new "on-field decision stays" guidelines, VAR wouldn't overturn the penalty call unless it was clear there was no contact.

It is what it is.

I can't criticise the system, I want referees to be left alone as much as possible. But he fell for Gordon's performance. He could have been smarter.
The sensible thing re the Scouse Diving Git's dive would be to whistle for a stoppage, either to book Gordon for the dive, and then ask VAR to clarify or go to the monitor. Nobody inside the stadium has any idea what is happening, and I think that's how the PL 'n PiGMOL want it! Funny that we, a team which prefers to stay upright and work the ball, can get booked for diving twice in a handful of games, whilst serial divers are rewarded with a fuckin' pen.

Load of waffling nonsense - as ususal

When yer consider what we've had yellow cards for that is a fuckin' disgrace and an insult to anything that is written in the LoTG re sanctions, but it's just another way that the arbitrators can manipulate a game and allow teams to walk into the next game unscathed.

"The only way you can give a 2nd yellow card is if the ref thinks its a yellow card in its own right" No fucking shit Dermott, seriously how dumb has society gotten for these parasites to earn a living stating the bleeding obvious.
It was about as clear a yellow as you're ever likely to see. Waffling on about a covering player is absolute bollocks from Gallagher. Unbelievable that Sky pay cunts like him to cover up the incompetence and corruption of PiGMOL.

I genuinely can't recall the ref going over to the monitor.
No i do not either but he should have, as he totally refused to give it, my iptv allows replays so i have until the next game to review it, the first excuse was had the ball gone out , then there was did he catch him, then there was, was it inside the box, before not enough contact. as i said VAR gave it eventually, took it for granted due to the length of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.