Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what a game looks like when we get properly reffed.

Some of the refs get some of their decisions right some of the time. I think Jonny got most of his season's decisions right yesterday. I hope to fuck we don't get him back this season as I fear he will be all over the show, and that's not implying his physical presence will be all over the pitch!

Actually they got it right. Under Law 13: the ball
  • is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves except for a free kick to the defending team in their penalty area where the ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area

Oh right !! fuck me, thanks for clearing that up.

There were two free kicks I side the defending penalty area yesterday which had to be retaken for what looked like the ball did not clear the penalty area. I thoght this rule was just for dead balls or were they retaken for another reason?

There were two free kicks I side the defending penalty area yesterday which had to be retaken for what looked like the ball did not clear the penalty area. I thoght this rule was just for dead balls or were they retaken for another reason?
IIRC, one of them was retaken because the ball was moving.

He's being severely disciplined by PiGMOL.​

He failed to send off Ederson instead for simulation.

It's the same for goal kicks and free kicks, though I'm not sure what the logic is in requiring a free kick to clear the area.

I must be in a minority, because I thought he got quite a few decisions wrong on both sides, and bottled a couple, but from our point, that is the best we are likely to get.

Got the biggest decision spot on, and it changed the course of the game for us.
You are not alone

Typical that an undisputable red card for the other team results in so much of a sudden view that city are fairly treated

And just look at the reaction of the shite pundits regarding that sending off - absolute clarity on how biased they are against City

Last edited:
It's the same for goal kicks and free kicks, though I'm not sure what the logic is in requiring a free kick to clear the area.

Thank you. I'm not either! If anything it puts the team that had the advantage at a disadvantage as, if the opponents mark up, it means the keeper has to go long where it's 50-50 who wins possession. There's sillier rules I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.